Chapter One ~ Is this a prank?

Connie woke up as usual, she yawned stretching her arms out wide. She sat up and looked around her room, kicked off the covers and sat on the bed, once her feet touched the carpet she jumped down from her giant puffy bed when her twin brother Alexander (Alex) came to tell her breakfast was ready and to get the letters, she walked downstairs, grabbed the mail and noticed one had her name on it. She looked around and put it in her pocket and took the rest to the kitchen and put them down on the table. She was greeted by her mother wrapping her long skinny arms around her. Her Auburn hair was pulled back in a fishtail braid and the light hit off her green eyes, making her freckles stand out against her pale white skin. Her father was already eating breakfast, his short brown hair was curled like normal and he was wearing a suit. His hazel eyes were focused on the newspaper that came through the mail. Her 15 year old brother Aaron came into the dinning room, he had dark blonde hair and grey eyes, both features from our Granny Meadow,  that's where my middle name was from, his hair was longer at one side covering one of his eyes and the bags under them. Connie's older sister by 3 years walked into the room reading a fashion magazine, 'Hi Isabelle' Connie smiled. She just groaned and looked at her 'can't you see I'm busy?' she said sitting across the table from Connie as Aaron sat with her reading a comic. Alex sat next to Connie, Alice (their mother) placed pancakes and bacon on the table. Connie immediately grabbed some bacon and pancakes covering the pancakes with golden syrup and started eating.

*                          *                      *

 Connie finished my breakfast and ran upstairs and opened her letter excitedly and started reading it.

  HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sore., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Anderson,                                                                                                                                                        We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall                                                                                                                                                              Deputy Headmistress

She looked at it in disbelief. Was this real? No! It can't be! Its just Aaron and Isabelle pranking her again. or is it real?