Flowerstar's stiffened, suddenly remembering the prophecy she had received when she became leader, it was so long ago that she nearly forgot about it. "I've heard that prophecy." Flowerstar mewed, at Poppyfur's confused expression she explained. "When I became leader, after I got my nine lives, Feathernose told me that exact prophecy. Do you know what it means?"

"I didn't at first," Poppyfur admitted. "But I talked to Windflight and she named her kits Turtlekit, Willowkit and Dawnkit. She said she heard Dawnkit's name in a dream."

Flowerstar blinked. "Do you think the prophecy is about Dawnkit?"

"I don't know." Poppyfur shook her head, sounding frustrated. "We can only guess for now. I'm going to keep a close on her, she could a greater density than anything we've ever seen before."

"Have you decided on their mentors yet?" Stormwind asked, taking a bite of the squirrel that she and Flowerstar were sharing just outside her den. "They'll be apprenticed here soon."

Flowerstar nodded, swallowing the piece of prey she was eating. "I know and I think I have. I've given it a lot of thought and I think I want Rainears to mentor Turtlekit. He's got a lot of potential, but he's very passive. He mostly just listens to what Willowkit tells him to do. You saw them yesterday." Stormwind nodded in agreement. "Rainears is a very kind and encouraging cat, I think she'll be able to help find his voice." Flowerstar took another bite. "As for Dawnkit, she's smart but she's incredibly skittish. I think Sunstream will be a great mentor for her. She's kind, patient and I really think she'll be able to bring out the best in Dawnkit."

"And for Willowkit? She's going to be a pawful for any cat she's an apprentice to. I haven't seen that kind of arrogance since Blazeheart was an apprentice. I guess we know where she gets it from." Stormwind chuckled.

"I think I want Thornpelt will be the best choice for her." Flowerpelt admitted.

"Really? You're finally giving him an apprentice?" Stormwind laughed. "You know he's been dying for one, all of his siblings have had apprentices."

Flowerstar shuffled her paws awkwardly. "I know but, he hasn't been the right fit for any of the other apprentices, but I think his stern and strict attitude will do well for Willowkit. I'm also hoping she'll lighten him up a little." She dropped her head. "Is it really that bad that I haven't given him an apprentice yet?"

Stormwind shrugged. "Not really, you're the leader and it's your decision. He's getting his turn and he can relax about it." She flicked her ears.

"It's so weird to think about." Flowerstar mewed, feeling somewhat nostalgic.

"What is?" Stormwind inquired curiously.

"There was a time in my life where I wanted to be mates with Thornpelt, even have kits with him. I think I genuinely loved him." She sighed, she didn't feel sad about anymore but sometimes she wondered what could've happened. "I don't regret my life at all, I love leading SunClan more than anything, but I just wonder what could've been ya'know?"

Stormwind nodded. "I do know." She brushed her tail across Flowerstar's side. "But don't think too much into it. You're starting to sound like an elder." Her blue eyes were teasing. Flowerstar took a playful swipe at her sister's ears but the she-cat quickly ducked, laughing.

Movement caught Flowerstar's eyes, she looked across camp to see Poppyfur sprinting from the warriors den to the medicine cat with Willowkit in her jaws, Dawnkit ran behind in tow while Turtlekit went into the nursery, her fur stood on end.

"What's happening?" Stormwind questioned, suddenly serious. Both sisters stood up and quickly hurried to the medicine cat. Flowerstar watched Windflight explode out of the nursery, Blazeheart was already on his way.

"Poppyfur!" Windflight cried into the medicine cat den, Flowerstar heard a hiss from Poppyfur. "Oh, my precious kit!"

"Get back!" Poppyfur spat at Windflight, the distressed queen lashed her tail.

"That's my kit!"

"She's my patient right now so do what I say!" She looked past Windflight. "Blazeheart, keep her and Turtlekit back. I need Dawnkit with me." Blazeheart helped Windflight away from the nursery, the queen was catatonic.

"What happened?"

"Willowkit ate deathberries." The frightened squeak came from Turtlekit who was pressing up against his parents. Deathberries? Flowerstar's blood turned cold. In my camp?

"Where are they?" Flowerstar questioned Turtlekit, he motioned with his paw towards the warriors den. Flowerstar had a feeling she knew where they were. She left the family to worry and went to the area behind the warrior's den, where there was a slope going upward, the slope that Flowerstar fell of a kit and broke her ankle. Sure enough, there was a yew bush growing with bright red berries, with one missing.

Stormwind had followed her and let out a gasp as she saw the bush. "I need to get this out of here." Using her claws, Flowerstar ripped the plant out of the ground. She carefully grabbed the stem of the bush, making sure not to pierce it with her teeth. "I'll be right back." Flowerstar muttered through a mouthful of yew and turned to leave camp.

She made sure she was far enough away from camp and and buried the bush, marking it with a stone dug into the ground so she would know always where it was. I can't believe I allowed this to happen. Poison in my own camp, I should've known they were there! Flowerstar scolded herself.

Flowerstar returned to camp just to see Blazeheart carrying Dawnkit from the medicine cat to the nursery, but not Willowkit. Windflight leaned against her mate, wailing about her dead kit. Flowerstar dropped her head. How could this happen? It could've been easily avoided. Flowerstar lashed her tail. I'm a mouse-brain.

Flowerstar quickly padded to the medicine cat den to check on Poppyfur, the medicine cat was sitting in the center of her den, her head dropped and her shoulder's slumped. "Poppyfur?" Flowerstar kept her voice quiet, she could see Willowkit's body in a nest, she looked like she was sleeping but her body was still.

"I made a mistake..." Poppyfur's voice trembled and was full of pain. "I made a mistake, Flowerstar." She looked over her shoulder, eyes were filled with so much hatred, hatred directed at herself. "I just made Dawnkit watch the death of her own sister...she's too young for that..." Poppyfur's body shook violently, she fell to the ground. Flowerstar ran over to her medicine cat and friend. "What have I done?"

Flowerstar laid down and pressed into Poppyfur, trying to soothe her. "Dawnkit is supposed to be the subject of this prophecy and I just subjected her to the most horrible thing imaginable." Poppyfur wept, her body shaking with sobs.

"Dawnkit will be okay." Flowerstar said quietly. "We'll guide her and we'll make sure she lives her life to the fullest." Poppyfur didn't respond, she just buried her nose in Flowerstar's chest. Dawnkit is the subject of our prophecy... Flowerstar thought. What destiny does Dawnkit hold and what will it bring for SunClan?