The feeling slowly faded away and Flowerpelt felt her body filling with warmth once again and she was able to open her eyes. She sat up, taking in her surroundings. She was in the gathering hollow, but she was alone. What happens now? She blinked, feeling confused. Then she noticed movement above her.

The stars are moving. Flowerpelt realized with a shock and watched as the stars descended from the skies and began taking shape on the ground in front of her. They were taking the shapes of cats, Flowerpelt's heart ached when she recognized the cats before her. She saw her parents, Honeywing, Feathernose and so many other cats that she had lost. She could barely stop herself from running over to them and rejoicing with all her loved ones.

"Welcome, Flowerpelt." The cats of StarClan spoke, it sounded as if she could hear all the cats of StarClan speaking to her. "Are you ready to receive your nine lives?"

"I am." Flowerpelt was surprised at how steady her voice. I really am ready for this. The first cat to approach Flowerpelt was Dovewish. Emotions welled up inside her, she remembered how her mother looked when she died, that cat was no more. Dovewish's beautiful silver fur shimmering with stars and she held her head high. "Dovewish." Her voice cracked. "I-I'm so glad to see you. I've missed you so much." Her voice trembled with love and happiness, she could barely stand it.

"I've missed you too." Dovewish purred. "I'm so, so proud of you." Her eyes filled with the same emotions that Flowerpelt felt in her heart. "With this life I give you love. Use it to love every cat in your Clan as if they were your own kit." Dovewish leaned forward and touched her nose to Flowerpelt's.

When their noses touched, pain ripped through her body. It felt like fire and lightning were tearing through her body. She felt a powerful feeling of love, so powerful that it hurt. What is happening? When Dovewish pulled away she left Flowerpelt trembling. "That hurt so much." Her voice shook, did she have to deal with that nine times?

"Not all lives will feel the same." Dovewish purred. "Stay strong." She whispered before walking back to the StarClan cats. The next cat to approach her gave Flowerpelt the same feelings of joy and love. It was Stonewhisker, looking as strong and brave as she remembered.

Flowerpelt opened her mouth to speak but Stonewhisker hushed her. "No need for words right now. I know what you're thinking and I'm so proud of both you and your sister." He stepped closer, amber eyes shimmering with stars. "With this life I give you bravery, use it to fight and defend your Clan during every battle, whether it be with other cats or sickness." Stonewhisker touched his nose to Flowerpelt's and she felt a similar pain, but it was also different. She felt the crippling fear of a battle or watching a Clanmate die, but it was soon replaced with a feeling of intense bravery.

She opened her eyes and watched Stonewhisker return the ranks of StarClan. The next cat to approach Flowerpelt was Honeywing. Her beautiful golden coat sparkled with stars and her eyes were filled with so much love and wisdom. "I always knew I would see you here, Flowerpelt." The former medicine cat purred. "You've earned it." Flowerpelt looked at her gratefully. "With this life I give you compassion, use it to care for each and every cat you meet." Honeywing touched her nose to Flowerpelt's, she expected it to hurt like others but instead she was filled with a warm sensation. The feeling of being kind and loving cats. Honeywing turned away and Flowerpelt braced herself for the next life.

The next cat was Feathernose, he looked like he did was he was in his prime. Long, flowing gray fur and beautiful green eyes. "I told you that you had a very powerful destiny. I couldn't be prouder of you."

"Thank you for all your guidance." Flowerpelt mewed, finally glad she could say those words to his face.

Feathernose dipped his head. "With this life I give you the ability to be calm under pressure, so that even when you feel like your world is ending around you, you can stay calm and serve your Clan." Flowerpelt blinked, so many times she had seen Feathernose doing just that. It was a skill she was proud to soon have. Feathernose touched his nose to Flowerpelt's and she felt the panicked feeling she had felt so many times before, watching her Clanmates die from sickness or battle. Like the others, it ebbed away and left her feeling stronger.

Flowerpelt's heart skipped when she saw that the next cat was Owlfoot, her beloved mentor. "Owlfoot," Her voice cracked. "I'm so sorry that you had to die to Falconclaw I--"

"Enough, Flowerpelt." He hushed her. "I trained you to be a warrior and it is my honor to give you more guidance as you grow as a leader. With this life I give you patience, use it to take your time and make decisions, also to wait and allow things to come to you." Owlfoot touched his nose to hers and Flowerpelt felt the itching sensation of impatience, wanting to get on her paws and take action. When that feeling faded, Owlfoot retreated and Fishtail took his place.

The she-cat looked like what Flowerpelt imagined her to look like her days as a young, healthy warrior. "Greetings, young one." Fishtail dipped her head. "With this life I give you stubbornness, it may seem like a bad thing, but use it to not be swayed easily. Stand your ground and what you believe in." Fishtail and Flowerpelt touched noses and Flowerpelt felt the sensation of stubbornness, not wanting to move or make a decision that was different than what she thought.

Fishtail turned away and Flowerpelt felt joy in her heart when she saw Berrypaw bounding up. The apprentice's eyes were wide and as full as energy as ever. You'll be able to run all you want in StarClan. She thought happily. "Hi, Flowerpelt." She said cheerfully. "With this life, I give you energy. Use it to run and fight for your Clan as much as you can, also use it to have fun and enjoy your life." Flowerpelt had to lower her head so that Berrypaw could touch noses with her. This life was pleasant, she felt the exhilaration of running through the forest as fast as she could.

"Thank you, Berrypaw." Flowerpelt purred and Berrypaw bounded away, sitting beside Feathernose.

The next cat was Mallownose. As usual, Mallownose walked with purpose and held her head high. "I'm proud of you, Flowerpelt. There's no other cat I would've chosen to be deputy in my place than you."

"That means a lot." Flowerpelt thanked Mallownose. The gray she-cat gave a proud nod.

"With this life I give you intelligence. Use it to make wise choices and lead your Clan with wisdom and confidence." Mallownose and Flowerpelt touched noses and she felt an odd sensation of thinking and feeling intelligent.

Flowerpelt had received eight lives, and there was one more life left she needed. Flowerpelt watched as Foxstar left the ranks of StarClan, no longer was he in the weak state that she last saw him as but he had fiery ginger pelt and bright, shimmering green eyes. He was bold and strong. "Flowerpelt," He dipped his head. "I already told you what I needed to say. It's time for your final life." Flowerpelt braced herself. "With this life I give you loyalty, use it to be loyal to your family and you Clanmates, so they can always trust in you." Foxstar touched his nose to Flowerpelt and she felt the strong feeling of loyalty that she already had for her Clanmates, but it was amplified to an almost painful point.

Finally the pain ebbed away and Foxstar stepped back to the rest of the cats. Foxstar began speaking once more. "I hail you by your new name, Flowerstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of SunClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity."

"Flowerstar! Flowerstar! Flowerstar!" A strange surge of emotions enveloped Flowerstar, her new name felt right, it felt like who she really was. She felt the strength of all her loved ones surrounding her as they cheered her brand new name.

Flowerstar blinked and suddenly all the cats around her were gone, with the exception of Feathernose. He looked at her with a gentle gaze, he sat with his fluffy tail resting over his paws. "You made it, Flowerstar. How does it feel?"

"It feels incredible." Flowerstar approached the old medicine cat. "What happens now?"

"After this you'll go home, chose a deputy and lead your Clan. For now, I have something to tell you."

Flowerstar tilted her head. "What is it?"

"When the forest is in danger, a new dawn will blaze brighter than the sun." His voice had a slight echo to it, sending chills down Flowerstar's spine.

"What is that? What does it mean?" Flowerstar questioned, not understanding what Feathernose was trying to tell her.

"It's a prophecy and I'm not sure. Usually you won't learn about prophecies until they've come into light. Don't let it worry you too much." Feathernose stood up and stood beside Flowerstar. "For now, do what I said earlier: Go home, chose a deputy and lead your Clan. Everything will fall into place."