Part 2

Benjamin
Benjamin was sitting on a rock in the small cave on the mountain. He was shivering and his teeth were chattering. He wondered if this would be the end. He'd run away from a life of cruelty, only to freeze in cave a couple miles away.
Fedor
Fedor was heading back to his cave with his new kill, when he picked a scent up on the wind. It was coming from his cave. It was a strong, foul smell, and he hesitated. He knew this was no animal. It was different, foreign, but familiar. He slowly crept on the snow to a point where he could see his cave, but whatever was in the cave couldn't see him. His lips curled back in a snarl as he saw the small form of a human.
Fedor hates the humans. His neighbors had killed his parents. The wolves hated the humans and the humans hunted the wolves.
Fedor stares at the small human, and wondered why no others were around. They had always traveled in packs, and seeing them separated in these parts of the forest was a luxury that was almost never seen. From what Fedor could see, the small thing had nothing with him, no wretched light-sticks that had killed his family, or sharp-rock to cut him with. This human was unarmed and alone. Plus, Fedor could even wait it out. With this storm going and a kill in his mouth, he could just wait until it froze and then all he'd have to do was walk in there and claim it.

Benjamin
Benjamin couldn't feel his fingers anymore. He tried to blow on them to restore the heat that was once there, but it didn't work. He crossed his arms and put them under his armpits. As he sat there, shivering, he got the strange feeling of someone watching him, or something. He knew if he made a fire, his father, and whoever else might be trying to find him would see the smoke, but he didn't have much choice. The storm showed no sign of ceasing and it was getting worse. Benjamin convinced himself that the smoke would not be seen through the thick snow that was falling. So he got up and looked for some tinder. He found a small pile of dry grass and grabbed it. He got two semi-small rocks. One regular and one that looked like the one his father had taught him to use. He started hitting them together, trying to create a spark. After about an hour of excruciating numbness and biting cold all over his body, a spark ignited the pile. It lit the grass, and Benjamin quickly realized that he forgot to get wood. He scrambled around quickly and, to his relief, he found a log that he could use for the fire. Benjamin sat close and warmed his hands and feet. He smiled at his work. He was going to live!

Fedor
The wolf watched quietly and intently as the small human scrambled around collecting things from the cave and smack them together. Fedor thought he would have to wait too long, because if he was going mad, then he must be close to death. Fedor waited. And waited. The human striking the rocks together. But when rocks created a spark of light, Fedor stood up. He was still hidden, but it took him so much by surprise that he almost ran away. He watched in worried fascination as the fire grew. What had the human created? Why was he not scared? These were the questions that went through his mind as he watched. Anticipation seeped into Fedor as he waited to see what would happen. Finally, he had enough, he had to get a closer look, so he stood up, and crept along the snow and tried to get a good look at the light plant.
Suddenly, the plant moved. It rose to the air on a stick that the human held. Fedor was scared that it might be a light-stick and that the human was going to kill him, but it didn't look like the ones that had killed his parents. The human yelled something at him.
Fedor looked at him and barred his teeth. I'll just kill him and take the plant for myself. He thought to himself. He lounged at the human's throat, but the plant flew in front of him just as Fedor crashed into it. Fedor yelped as he felt the weird, painful sensation of in biting his face. He shook his head to try and free his face from the wretched plant, but it stung all the more. He was yelling in pain when he felt hand smacking his face. It wasn't hard and it didn't hurt him, but out of instinct he bit the hand. It let go but his face was still biting, and it was spreading the his neck now too. He yelled and yelled, but suddenly he felt a very cold substance hit his head and it stopped the biting in that place. A moment later, another hit his face. And another. And before long, his face and neck weren't biting anymore. He looked up and saw the human with a handful of snow. The human threw it at him and it cooled his hot bites. But then Fedor saw the biting plant in the human's hand and backed away against the wall.

Benjamin and Fedor
Benjamin was terrified as the wolf growled and snarled. Thankfully, it didn't try to attack again. When the wolf hit the torch, his face caught fire. He had tried to pat the fire out with his hand, but he realized that probably wasn't the best idea when the wolf bit him. It was bleeding badly, but Benjamin didn't move. He didn't dare take his eyes off the vicious animal. They stared at each other for a good minute, maybe two. Both of them didn't know what to do. Benjamin didn't want to get bit again, and Fedor didn't also didn't want to get bit again by the plant.
Fedor no longer wished to kill the small human, he just wanted to leave.

At that moment, they both heard the sound of many dogs barking and humans shouting. Benjamin turned to see where they were, and Fedor saw the chance. He could've jumped and takes the human down with one bite, but he felt himself hesitate. He didn't know why, but he couldn't kill the small human that had saved his life. A voice in his head was urging him to kill the human, but he didn't he just watched until the human turned back at him and backed his way to the mouth of the cave. Keeping his eyes on the wolf.

Benjamin looked out the cave and could see a light coming up the mountain, it was only a few moments before they would reach the top and see the fire. His choices were few. He weighed the odds. He could put out the fire and take his chances with the wolf, or he could keep the wolf at bay and hope they didn't see him. The obvious answer was to keep the wolf at bay, but something told him that he wasn't going to get a nice surprise coming home party if he went with them. For some reason, he felt himself lower the torch to the ground and drop it. Fedor growled but didn't attack. He watched as he placed it on the ground. He could easily kill the human, but if he did, the small thing would probably scream it's head off and he didn't want a group of angry humans coming after him. He stayed where he was
Benjamin plucked up the courage, and kicked some snow onto the torch. It went out and the cave went dark. He braced for an attack but none came. They stayed in the dark of the cave. Quiet. Completely still, and completely terrified.