7

as the light slowly pours into the messy room, rain slowly begins to wake up. that's when she notices the small trail of dirty clothes leading to the bed, and the distinct smell of august's cologne from the night before.

rain also notices that the strong smell of cologne is coming from the current shirt she's wearing- august's shirt.

memories of the night before slowly begin to resurface and she forced herself to look to the figure beside her.

with a flurry of curse words, and tears streaming down her face rain wakes up the sleeping august beside her. her heart tightens at the sight of his messy hair, and sharp jaw, and the lips that had been kissing her the night before.

she wakes him up with her sobbing.

august and summer. august and rain. rain and summer.

they agree to forget about whatever the hell happened. they tell themselves it was a one time thing, because august loves summer and rain loves summer too. they say it was just the alcohol talking and push away their feelings to a little corner in the back of their heads.

they know better. but neither have the guts to choose each other and throw all caution to the wind.

because summer is back.

august chooses summer, and rain chooses summer too, even when a big part of her heart wants him to choose her, and wants to have the courage to choose him too.

they just have to accept that a rain and august will never exist. not in a world with people like summer in it.

in the next following weeks, summer and august will fix their relationship and the little trio's dynamic will return to as normal as it can be.

but summer will figure out the truth.

and she'll cry and sob and eat overwhelming amounts of chocolate ice cream once she finds out the truth.

all that she knows is that her best friend slept with her boyfriend, and that they both had the audacity to lie to her for months on end.

and when summer finds out. she'll break both of their hearts.

because it's time for summer to choose.

it's either summer and august or summer and rain.

summer chooses august. there was no right or wrong choice. the only thing summer did wrong was refusing to listen to the other side of the story.