"How about tomorrow?" he offered.

"Great," Sunstorm purred. "Besides, the less time I spend in the nursery before my kitting, the better. I'll be stuck in there for six moons anyway."

"Falconwing!"

"Yes, Redflame?" Falconwing responded to the deputy.

"I'm going to need you to lead a hunting patrol," Redflame told him. "Take... Let's see... Grasspelt, Moonwhisper, Patchpaw, and Acornpaw."

"Sure." Falconwing nodded and called the cats to him with a flick of his tail. Then he headed out of the gorse tunnel.

"How do you deal with him jumping in your fur all day?" Fogcloud snarled playfully. "You almost look glad to have him occupied."

"No. It's just that he's anxious because he's never had kits before," Sunstorm flicked her tail in a friendly fashion. "Redflame was the same way, and I'm sure when you have kits you will be too. I'm just as nervous, but I show it differently."

"Who said I'm going to have kits?" her brother bristled. But then he let his fur lay flat, looking embarrassed.

Sunstorm looked interested. "What's the matter with you?" she asked. "Surely you consider Tinyblossom your mate by now?"

"Tinyblossom?" Fogcloud forced a snort. "No way. She's a good friend," he insisted.

"Good friend, hm?" Sunstorm nodded. "Okay."

"What's so funny?"

Sunstorm shook her head. "Never mind." She bumped her muzzle against his cheek.

Fogcloud looked curious as to what she had meant but said nothing.

"Why is the ground still wet if it isn't raining?" a tiny voice squeaked from the direction of the elders' den.

Swallowkit was holding a tiny forepaw just above the soaked bracken, his face twisted up in disgust.

"It doesn't get dry immediately, darling," Bluestripe told him. "When the sun comes out, the water goes away."

"Where does it go?" Cherrykit piped up. Bluestripe let out a mrow of laughter.

"No one really knows for sure," she shrugged. "It just... goes."

Both kits tipped their heads to the side while Drizzlekit stared at the sky in interest.

"What are you looking at?" Bluestripe asked her foster son.

"I's looking at the clouds," he told her. "Is Silverpelt really behind 'em?"

"Yes, Drizzlekit. All the warriors of StarClan shimmer brightly when the clouds drift away. You should see it." She sighed dreamily.

Drizzlekit looked up at the clouds in wonder, eyes glimmering. He looked exactly like a WindClan warrior sitting there, Ravenfrost's frosted blue eyes glimmering through Moonwhisper's silver pelt. Someday, thought Sunstorm, he will notice that he is not like his siblings.

"Hi Sunstorm!" Swallowkit piped up, as if he had just noticed her. "Are you going to have kits? They're going to be our kin!" he added to Cherrykit and Drizzlekit, who nodded ecstatically.

Sunstorm and Fogcloud padded up to the little kits.

"Yes, and you can come and see them once they're born," the red queen told them.

"Right after they're born?" Cherrykit asked hopefully.

Sunstorm let out a mrow of laughter. "Perhaps," she mewed.