"You're so sweet." She kissed me lightly and we went to lay down in my bed.

"You wanna know what your dad told me?" I asked, wrapping an arm around her. She nodded wordlessly. " 'Take care of my daughter or, I'll haunt your ass.' " She laughed.

"That sounds like him."

"I wish I could have actually met him."

"I think he'd like you."

"Okay. I really don't want him to haunt me." I joked before kissing her tenderly. "So, will you go on a date with me?"

"You're being serious, right?"

"Why would I be joking?"

"Because it's funny?" She asked, I gave her an unimpressed look. "Yeah, I'll go on a date with you."

"That's good, because I wouldn't have taken no for an answer."

"Obsessive much?"

"Nope, I just am determined to make you believe that you're worth so much more than you give yourself credit for."

"One day, I hope that I'll believe you."

____

Carefully, I untangled myself from Marina's arms. She looked so peaceful and adorable when she was sleeping. I tip-toed out of the room and into the kitchen. I started gathering ingredients for French toast. It was a little before my mom would start making dinner, and Emily loved having breakfast for dinner. I tried making a minimal amount of noise as I cracked eggs and cooked the egg-soaked bread slices.

The air was filled with the aroma of cinnamon and vanilla. I could hear Emily clumsily bounding into the kitchen. I laughed as she almost fell in her rush. She grinned up at me, her cheeks flushed and covered in freckles.

"Well, hello, Princess Emily." I said crouching down, and handing her a plate of French toast. She giggled and took the plate from me.

"I'm not a princess, Zacky." She argued playfully. I shook my head, playing along.

"But, you have a crown." I placed an aluminum foil crown atop her head. "You must be a princess, look at how pretty you are."

"Stop it! You're making me blush." She searched the kitchen for her 'special' Tinker Bell cup. "Did you make me-"

"Chocolate milk? I did." I handed her the cup, which resulted in her grinning even wider. Honestly, it didn't take a lot of work to make Emily happy, but her happiness brought me happiness. One more thing I could check off of my mental list.

"Zack, were you cooking?" Mom asked as she came into the kitchen. "It smells like cake in here."

"I know." I motioned to where Emily was eating. Her feet swung back and forth as she chewed. Mom shook her head, but smiled.

"You wanna cook dinner for the rest of us?" She joked. I shrugged.

"Why not?" I wasn't the best cook, but then again, I didn't cook very often. Mom talked to me about how work had been as I cooked. I listened to her and only chimed in when she wanted me to.

"Zacky, I'm done." Emily told me, tugging on the edge of my shirt.

"Okay, put your dishes in the sink. I'll wash them later." Ever since I'd woke up from my coma, I was even closer to my family. I was always looking for things to make me feel as if I was fulfilling life. Marina came into the kitchen and tickled Emily a little.

"Hiya, Emily. How're you?" She asked my little sister.

"I'm good. Zacky said I'm a princess. Do you see my crown?" Emily asked her. I glanced at the two of them. They were being so cute and had no idea.

"Yeah, it's beautiful." Marina came over to me. She gave me a quick peck on the cheek. "You could've woke me up."

"Sorry, you looked so adorable, I didn't want to disturb you." I kissed her chastely. She was blushing, her cheeks tinged.

"Hey, not in front of Emily." Mom warned us playfully. We all turned to see Emily sitting in front of the pantry, eating a raw potato. "No, Em, no don't eat that." Mom went and took the potato from Em. Marina giggled. I rolled my eyes playfully at the scene.

"I'm a princess, bow down to me!" Emily pouted. Mom looked at me with a spark in her eyes.

"See what you started?" Mom asked me as Em proceeded to stomp around in a circle. I shrugged.

"I assumed she could use a self-esteem boost, was all." I replied with a chuckle. Marina wrapped an arm around my waist, tucking herself into my side. I pulled her closer to me as I continued cooking. I really was lucky to have the life I had.

__________

A/N: This is the second to last chapter, fair warning. I'm sad that this story is ending, but I hadn't planned on it to be longer than eight chapters. I hope you're looking forward to the last chapter, and thanks for reading. :)