Beth walked calmly back to her room and was swallowed by a sea of memories from her aunts. She couldn't stop. That snake like man ruined her life once again.

A few days had passed and Beth kept to herself. She remained secluded and alone. Till one day a knock echoed on her door. "Enter." Damn 'I sound like Severus but I didn't have his silky smooth... stop it you idiot' a friendly face entered "Beth dear you have two visitors in the great Hall. I was also wondering if you had seen Severus." Her Scottish accent calmly and lovingly said and Beth replied "thank you. Also no I haven't. To be honest this is my first conversation since the day the students left." She gulped remembering it.

She was so busy she didn't hear Mini walk away. A second or so layer Beth went to the great Hall.

"Boo!" A witch shouted as Beth entered. As much as she loved the nickname the witch was exactly that a witch with a capital B. 'Bitches.'  "Hello dears." Replied the potions mistress. "Come and give your dear aunts a hug." The second B...witch spoke and Beth did that.

"Now my dear you cannot escape us. You cannot just keep running. We can always visit just like we used to visit your parents." As one finished this the other shouted an unforgivable followed by the second witch using the same curse again. Half an hour of this and all of it stopped as doors flew open and a hoard of teachers entered for their planned meeting. The professors were heartedly surprised by the sight. The intrusion was unexpected causing the witches to freeze as a spell was cast from a wand.

Beth laid on the floor then scooped up by arms that reminded her of her years as a student.

*frozen and suddenly awoken Beth laid wishing she could just sleep. 'Why am I awake?' She thought then realised she could hear screaming. Confused she tried to open her eyes but could not. When she tried to move she realised that she couldn't. Voices could be heard "Severus quick pick her up she is frozen. Quick bring her to the infirmary." Mini spoke but Beth laid there frozen and confused. She realised that she was being picked up. She was thrashing around and it was Her scream that awoke her. Confused and broken she tried to stop but couldn't. All she could remember was she was having a nightmare about her aunts then it stopped and she was awoken by her own screaming whilst she lay in what she now knew to be snow.

This even occurred a multitude of times and Snape every time would carry her. She was always asked about what she remembered but refused to say anything.*

Beth awoke in his arms and immediately leapt out. She ran to her classroom and a shocked DA teacher didn't have time to react. She got to her classroom and drank a vial. Once she drank it she wandered to her quarters. She whispered her password and just before the door closed a foot entered and stopped the door. The strong arms she recognised wrapped around her but she broke free. "Let me help you woman." He spoke loudly as the door shut. No matter how used to the unforgettable curses she was it still hurt.

Letting her guard down momentarily Snape accessed her memories.

"Crucio." Bellowed from in front of a young lump on the floor. The emerald green eyes were glazed over as the inward battle could be seen deep within as she toyed with the idea of screaming. Like a flash the turmoil was gone and silence was settled upon. Again and again the same word was cast and Snape himself was going insane with that alone. He instantly felt guilty and sorrow but before the scene could destroy him any longer it changed.

There stood that same girl holding a spoon of soup and gently trying to feed two adults she kept calling mumma and pops. The spoon shook and dropped the soup as Beth's unsteady hand brought it up to their mouths.

Only a minute later the scene changed so he was now looking at himself about eight years younger. He was shouting at a small Beth who had answered his question, correctly. His face dropped as he realised the truth.  He was meaner to her than he was to Harry Potter and that took some doing. The only reason he was mean was due to her resemblance to Lily which to him hurt more than helped. Seeing a James and a Lily together, talking, laughing and even going out and kissing in their fifth year.

Soon the scene changed and there he was in the shrieking shack. The snake bites were obvious and Harry had just left. Within a second Beth was with him. As she gave him the medicine, the blood and then her tears. As her body began to raise to stand up Snape saw how close they were.

Then it all stopped and Snape was brought back to the present. His face screwed in anger that she hadn't told him before about what she had done for him. Tears were absent from Beth's face but she felt ready to cry. Snape began "I am surprised that you just let me see. Though I did after all have a right." He spat.

Tired Styles sat down. "Not now. I am tired. Let me sleep. I have just been tortured." She sounded bored and tired but she felt sad. "I'm not like all of the others that you have hurt. I don't give in." She sounded like she was casually talking of the weather.

Snape's angers flared as he brought his wand up in a fit of rage and shouted "cicatricem" hit with a great force Styles knew the scaring bruise and she wanted to hurt him as much as he hurt her. She knew she couldn't actually so she shouted for him to leave. His face was pale as realisation hit and he wanted to help but she sounded demanding so he figured he would help from afar.

An hour passed and the pain from Snape's spell hurt even more. She new every moment left untreated would result in a bruise that looked worse and would never disappear if left untreated for too long. She didn't care, then Daisy came to view.

"Master Snape has given Daisy a vial to give to you Miss Beth." After Beth refused Daisy left only to return saying he demanded it. Taking the vial it was swiftly flung out of an open window and Daisy left the room terrified. Beth slipped into sleep as she was alone.

After a few moments of rest there was a knock. "Daisy." Beth murmured and the small elf appeared. "Who is it? Is it Snape?" With the elf nodding Beth crawled up the steps to her bed so she could not hear his knocking. Beth awoke to Daisy standing by her bed. "Yes Daisy." Was whispered and the elf shook. "He demands that you allow him in. He says you could die." The elf began crying and sobbing uncontrollably. "Don't worry. I'm fine."

Beth awoke to Dumbledore, Mini, Madam Pomfrey and Snape all by her bed. She was cold and shaking. The taste of the potion Snape must have forced down her lingered in her mouth as she sat up. "I am fine." She spoke quietly to try and not seem overbearing.

"My dear don't be silly torture and the scaring bruise. You are luck to be able to breath." Madam Pomfrey spoke quickly but the glare she rested upon a guilty looking Snape could have stripped him of life.

"Would have saved me a job." Beth whispered but Mini heard and so did Snape. She received worried looks from both and the latter looked ready to throw up as guilt ate at him.

"Now you are fine just rest." Was all Beth needed to lay down and sleep peacefully. But not quite. As they all left Snape stayed believing her to be asleep.

"I am so sorry. I guess you believe me to be like the other ones now. I wasn't thinking... sorry." He said in a hushed tone. As he stood to leave Beth opened her eyes and grabbed him.

"Please don't leave me." She couldn't physically make herself sound louder than a whisper. "Don't be silly. I have to go." He said sounding unsure.

"I'm not scared of you. I was scared of them. Your mark reminded me of them...What happened with them?" She asked still holding him.

"They shall receive a dementors kiss. Well I suppose they would have been kissed for the first time ever by now." He said finally.

Beth did not loosen her grip. "Please. Just stay till I sleep. I need someone." She hushed. He complied and got in. Neither realised that the other staff had stood by the door to hear the entire conversation. Each smiled widely as they left thinking of the young teacher. A scowl was firmly set across the Mediwitch's face as she thought upon the damage done to the poor girl. Minerva didn't know how to feel. She cared greatly for both yet the actions of Snape would not have been as easily forgiven by anyone else. Beth knew this to and deep down Beth knew had she not cared for him she would have been terrified. Even deeper she knew that after a while her fear would over come her care for him.