"I'm not sure where we're going so I just... I put the nicest thing I could find."

"It's perfect," I tell her. I walk up to her and take the car keys from her. "I invited you so I think it is only fair for me to drive us there."

"Drive us where?"

I offer her my arm, which she takes and start walking us down to the parking lot. "I heard of this Italian restaurant down in Port Angeles called Bella Vita, we're eating there and then there's this antique book store which I want to check out. And... I don't know, maybe afterwards you feel like catching a movie?"

The smile that spreads across her beautiful face is enough to give me some hope that tonight might end up well.

"I like the idea."

"Cool because either way you didn't have a choice," I say casually and open the door for her. "Ladies first."

Port Angeles wasn't a far drive from Forks. It was a lot nicer than the latter with more visible life and far more variety. Why couldn't Luke send me there instead? Bella gives me instructions on how to get to Bella Vita and when we arrive, I open her door and escort her in. It may have been a long time since I last went on a date, but I have not forgotten how to be a gentleman. It's the way I treat woman that I hope Emma will know how she should be treated by a man. That is when she's officially allowed to date after I am dead, if it doesn't happen sooner than later.

It was a very elegant restaurant. The kind that had Italian music playing in the background, had chandeliers hanging on top of every table and waiters wearing all black. We approach the host, a young woman with a fiery red hair tamed in a ponytail. She greets us happily but I notice the sly look she gives Bella before turning to me, a red blush - almost as red as her hair - starts rising in her cheeks. I hold back the urge to roll my eyes. I hope that blush is only because she's shy.

"Table for two," I ask.

"This way."

She takes two menus and leads us in the restaurant. The vibe inside is very quiet, very settled with dimmed lighting. People talk in low murmurs, barely acknowledging anyone else. She leads us to a table right at the center of the room. In the middle of the whole restaurant.

"Is this good?"

"Yes." Bella starts taking a seat.

"Wait." I gently hold her to my side and take a set toward our host. "Do you think we might get something more private?" I give her my best smile.

The blush is back and the host plays with the ends of her hair. "Y-yes, yes for sure. Follow me."

"Thank you." I look at Bella, taking her hand in mine. Bella gives me a raised brow with a playful smirk playing on the edge of her lips. "What?"

"It's not fair when you do that," she whispers as we follow our host.

"I have no clue what you are talking about?"

"You dazzled that poor girl into giving us a better table."

"I did not," I argue. "I asked nicely, not giving her a hard time. I'm being a good customer."

"You were trying to dazzle her into a better table," she repeats. "Poor girl never stood a chance."

We stop at a small booth at the corner of the room. "Is this better?"

"Yes, it's perfect..." I look at her name tag. "Ana. Thank you."

She giggles nervously. "It's no problem. Your waiter will be right with you."