Chapter 2

Chapter 2
___________________________

Kyle's POV
___________________________

Just my luck. I finally meet a beautiful,normal,funny girl and
My brother ruins it. My brother was dating her best friend! How could I be so stupid. I really hope Zoe doesn't ask me about how I know him. I don't want to have to explain to her that the asshole that made her best friend cry is my brother.

Just as we are walking outside to my car Zoe stops and says "Kyle, what just happened?" Zoe seems so confused and scared and I don't know what to tell her. I've spent my whole life defending my shit head of a brother but this time that's not going to happen. "Can I explain this when Monica isn't here?" I ask her. "I guess so" she responds not wanting to cause a even bigger seen.

"Mon, you okay?" Zoe calls to her friend who is laying across the back seat of my care sobbing. "No I just want to go home Zo." she response "okay we will" Zoe says a sympathetic voice. It's a 30 minute drive to Zoe's house and that's where her and Monica are going to go. 10 minutes into the drive Monica is dead asleep in the back. Zoe whispers to me "please tell me what's going on. How do you know Jared?" she asks me. I don't know how to respond.

If I tell her, I don't know how she'll react. If I lie that's even worse. "He's um...he's my brother" I say as quiet as possible. "What!?" Zoe says obviously surprised. "He is an ass and I'm going to kill him for hurting your friend." I tell Zoe. "what did you mean when you said I thought you stopped this to Jared?" She asks me. "listen,Jared has a reputation and there's a lot of things I would have to explain to you but we are almost at your house I think." I tell her.

"Do you think we can talk about this please?" I ask her. "I...I don't know, Mon is in no shape to hear anything about Jared...I don't even know what he did but I'm guessing it's bad." She tells me. "Please let me explain, I'm not like him I'm a good person." I tell Zoe. "Okay fine, you can come in, but my parents are out till 3am so you can only stay till 2:30am." She tells me and I thank her for hearing me out.

We arrive at Zoe's house and it's bigger than I imagined. I carry Monica inside Zoe's house and lay her on the couch. Zoe looks at me and I can tell she doesn't know what to do. "Let's sit...I can explain everything." I tell her and she nods her head in agreement.