C H A P T E R | 1

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I could probably sit with you guys for a bit," he beamed and walked back with me to Brianna's table.

"I'm back," I smiled and sat beside my new friend. "Laynce, meet Brianna. Brianna, meet Laynce."

"Hi,"

"Hello!" Bri winked at me and started to eat my fries.

After about twenty minutes, we got his phone number before he left to catch up with his friends. "I am so proud of you!" Bri hugged me, then laughed.

"Let's go spend my dad's money now!"

-

Once we got back to my house, we immediately ran up to my room to try everything on. Brianna has been my friend since first grade. Every day, we'd pick her up while walking to the Pack's school and buy her ice cream afterward. Every Pack now has a school, library, church, and manor for the mateless wolves and my dad's office. Her parents are Nicolai and Jolie Pleddine and I don't know why, but my parents hate her father. I mean, They absolutely love Jolie and she's always here, but it's her father that I'm never allowed to meet or talk to. I've seen him around and he's pretty cool looking. Tattoos EVERYWHERE you could see, even some on his face.

As we were cleaning up the bags, my father walked in and sat beside me, "Can we talk alone for a minute, Bri?" He asked. Oh crap...

"Of course, Mr. Big Guy. I'll just go eat your food." She walked away...

"Okay, Aurora, Princess. Your mother and I have been talking and since you're going to find your mate someday, we'd like to throw a little gathering to see whom it might be. I mean, you know how your mother and I met, jeez, wasn't very... Memorable," He laughed, but I just sighed. I don't want to meet my mate.

"Dad, I appreciate everything you do for me, but I'm just not ready to meet him yet," I whispered.

"Don't you want what I and your mother have?"

"Sex?"

"No- Aurora, I'm being serious. Your mom felt the same way, but I now know that she loves all of us more than the world itself. Princess, you're a woman now. You're going to... Desire stuff and only one person is allowed to have that desperation, your mate- Now, I'm going to interview him and test his strength, yes, but that's more for me than for you." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "I just... I love you so much and I want you and your siblings' lives absolutely perfect."

"I love you too, dad," I smiled as he kissed my forehead. He whipped his head up as he got a mind link,

"Sh-t... I have to go, sweetheart. Pack meeting," he got up, then placed his hand on my cheek. "Your mother has to go with me, so can you hold down the fort?"

"Yeah, yeah. I got it,"

"Thank you," he kissed my head again, then walked out with a big sigh. Now I won't be able to get anything done.

Brianna ran back in, throwing me a box of crackers and pointed to my laptop. "My parents are leaving, I have to watch my siblings,"

"That sucks," she plopped down beside me and took a handful of crackers.

"We could all probably go downstairs to the theater room and watch a- what?" I picked up a box, looking at the small paper on top.

Thank you for being perfect, Mi Princessa. I remember when you told me you wanted something from a certain store, so here.

I love you ~ Dad.

I smiled as I opened the box- NO WAY! "OH, MY GOD!" I shouted, hearing my father's chuckle through mind-link.