Chapter 32: Always Remember To Knock

Start from the beginning

I put my my menu down and caught him staring at some girl. He slowly licked his lips and gave her smile. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms before clearing my throat.

"I'm not about to sit here and look like an idiot. Stop talking to other girls or smiling or licking their lips at them." I smacked my teeth.

"Stop talking about Curtis and maybe I won't get bored." He shot back.

"I don't even talk about him. When did I talk about him? When?" I raised my brow.

"Oh, you think I wasn't listening? 'I always get cheese and pepperoni with Curtis with some BBQ wings on the side.'." He repeated what I said.

"I most definitely do not talk like that." I raised my brow and he chuckled.

"What you getting?" He asked once the waiter had arrived at our table.

"I'll get a BBQ chicken pizza, please?" I said smiling and having a flirtatious look as I glanced at the waiter.

"One BBQ chicken pizza, and drink?" He smiled at me licking his lips also, like how Angelo did.

"I'll just take some water." I removed my leather coat.

"Damn..." He muttered.

"Oh, and you? Sir.." He said in a bored tone when looking at Angelo.

"Get me the same thing." He threw his menu on the table.

"I'll be back with you drinks." He said smiling at me.

"Thank you." I batted my eyelashes before he turned and walked away.

"What was that?" Angelo asked.

"Jealous?" I propped my head with my fists, batting my eyes again trying not to laugh at his jealousy.

"Nah, I ain't." He shook his head.

"I was only doing it to get at you, Angelo." I laughed.

"Hm.." He slowly nodded his head.

Afterwards, we exchanged words for a while before the waiter came back with one BBQ pizza with water and placed it in front of me. I gave him a smile and he smiled also.

"Nigga, where my food at?" Angelo questioned.

"Don't you know your manners? Ladies first." He said before walking off as I covered my mouth and giggled.

"You think that's funny, huh?" He said, taking a slice of my pizza.

"What? Angelo!" I whined.

"That's what you get for laughing at me, nigga." He laughed.

I frowned, slowly picking up another slice.

-

"I want more pizza." I complained as we walked to his car.

"That's why yo' fat ass ended up at the gym." He laughed.

"Not funny." I rolled my eyes.

"Bria's the same." He mumbled thinking that I didn't hear him.

He was just telling me about how I was talking about Curtis inside. We're both still hurting. We've lost people that we've loved. I looked at him once we were in the car. You could tell that he was upset.

"You know what I used to do when Curtis was upset?" I said quietly.

"What?" He said uninterested.

"I used to shower him with hugs and kisses." I grinned thinking about him.

"Hugs and kisses?" He smirked.