Chapter 34

It was only eight o'clock at night and I was already in my pyjamas in bed. I sat with a book in hand, quietly reading as I heard the time tick by hour by hour.

Page after page, page number 136 to 467, eventually, when I had reached to the end of my book, I had found myself with nothing better to do that sit and twiddle my fingers.

My brain was wide awake and was exploring many thoughts.

When it reached eleven o'clock, when all the staff had gone home, and had been home for a few hours, I was greeted with silence. Silence which every time I moved and my bed covers rustled it seemed very loud to me. I could even hear Matt through the walls the house was that silent. I could hear every little sound that he made.

When he sighed, when he tossed around in his bed. It came to my attention that he also was having trouble sleeping.

My eyes were heavy and my head was pounding, sleeping apparently wasn't an option for this tired girl.

Just as I was about to go into the bathroom and have a bubble to myself, a knock on my door started me out of the race that was my thoughts.

"Come in," I squeaked tiredly.

Behind the closed door, a disturbed and crabby looking Matt stared across the room at me. "Is it me, or has there been a tad of insomnia been floating in the air tonight?" Matt questioned with a heavy sigh.

I smiled at him "I hope not, if I dont get sleep I don't think I'll be able to live." I replied groggily.

Matt shuffled across my carpeted floor and flopped into my matters beside me. He much resembled a fish out of water, not at all graceful as a vampire should be.

He wasn't at all cold as expected; he actually radiated heat.

"You're so warm," I groaned, slowly inching towards him.

He opened his arms for me to crawl into, once in, he secured me with one hand under my neck and another holding onto my hip. All the while engulfing me in my covers and mountains of pillows.

Now that we were together the silence didn't seem so quiet anymore. It was more of a tolerable silence than before.

It was nice, and probably the most silent and calm moment we have had since together in this large house.

Eventually once I had heard his slow breathing it wasn't so hard to fall asleep myself.

~~~~

Why was it so bright? My eyes were closed but it was so bright...

Dreadfully, I pealed my eye lids open. Covered in a mass of covers and pillows, I discovered that my head, being so elevated, was in direct view of the open blinds. The sun streamed in my window, casting a long eyelash of heat and yellow beauty.

Stretching like a cat, fresh awoken from slumber I groaned and moaned, hearing the pops of my bones as I did.

"That's absolutely horrible."

I laughed and rumbled the bed. Turning my head to the side I was greeted with a sleepy looking Matt.

His hair flopped over his eyes, the remains of gel in his hair making the ruffled bed head stay in place. His lips were smooshed in a fish pout, complements of half his face being squashed into the pillow.

And dare I say it. I think he drooled on my pillow.

"Sorry," I whispered gently.

I carefully wriggled like a worm out of the tunnels of pillows and cautiously tiptoed around the room. I quickly left the room, leaving Matt to sleep.