Thirteen - Do You Miss Me?

Start from the beginning

I could feel tears forming, blurring my vision. I screwed my eyes shut, and I listened to the tiny plip, plip, plip of a few tears hitting the sheets. "Okay." I choked out, changing my phone to my left ear so I could scratch my left wrist with my right hand. The healing skin broke, and I wouldn't have been surprised if blood ended up on my fingertips. I didn't care.

I'd let myself believe that maybe, just maybe, I had the tiniest of chances, and I felt foolish for it. That's what I was. I was foolish. I was a stupid, foolish kid.

"You're not mad, are you?" There was an edge of guilt to his voice, but what did he have to feel guilty for?

"No. Why would I be mad?" I lied.

"Well...never mind. I'll see you soon." He hung up, and I clenched my jaw.

I felt tears roll miserably down my face, and I lay back, my phone lost in the sheets. Fuck Gerard. He wasn't worth my time anymore. I found myself hating Bert, and I didn't even know why. I just hated him. And it made me despise myself even more.

~

I still couldn't sleep. I just spent the rest of the night crying pathetically into my pillow. My head hurt and so did my chest, so I skipped school. Jodie came in and started on me, therefore getting me in shit with my mom and stepdad. I was too tired and hurting too much to listen to them. I buried myself beneath my duvet and pillows, ignoring them all, and eventually my door slammed shut.

By midday, Brendon, Ryan, Patrick, Pete and Ray had texted me countless times between them, but I only replied to Brendon.

Me: I'm fine. Tell the others I'm fine. I'm just not well xo

At three, when everyone was out of the house, I went downstairs. Knowing that I'd regret it later, I made myself cheese on toast - because I hadn't eaten for so long - and went back to my room with two bags of tortilla chips and a bottle of soda. I ate my food while watching 9 (that movie is weird...awesome, but weird), and was interrupted by a knock on my door. I grunted in response, and Brendon stepped into my room.

He closed the door and sat on the edge of my bed, heaving a sigh. "Why weren't you at school today?"

"I wasn't feeling well." He glanced at an open packet of Doritos, smirking. "And I was craving Doritos."

"I'm not gonna grass you up for skipping school, Frank. You've obviously been crying - I just want to make sure you're okay."

I sighed, looking down at the duvet. "Gerard's fiancé caught us together last night." I raised my head. "I thought that he'd break up with Gerard - I mean, you'd break up with Ryan if he cheated on you, wouldn't you?"

His eyes widened. "Don't even put that thought into my head." I stared at him, wanting an answer. "But yeah, I would."

"They haven't broken up. At least, that's what Gerard said..." My lower lip trembled, and my hands shook. "I don't know what I thought - I feel like an idiot for thinking anything, and I - I - I don't want to be his bit-on-the-side anymore."

"Oh, Frank..." He said, exhaling. "Hey, Tré's having a party tomorrow. You should come along, it'll take your mind off of things."

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"It'll be fun." He smiled, and then he kicked off his shoes and climbed into bed beside me.

He told me to put Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland on, and then told me about his day. He told me how Pete had been flirting with everything with a pulse, including Mikey Way and a couple of jocks. He told me how pissed off Patrick had gotten with it, and he'd finally confronted Pete, ending in a huge argument for the two. He told me how Ray had gotten upset for some reason during the day, and had completely closed off, but had cheered up dramatically when Hayley dumped vanilla sponge pudding over Billie Joe's head. He told me how Ryan had laughed so hard at that, he'd fallen off his chair, which made everyone around the table laugh harder. He told me how it turned into a food fight between Hayley, Billie Joe, Mike and Jamia, and all four of them had gotten detention.

He also told me that they all asked after me, and he'd seen Gerard briefly - who looked extremely tired. Good.

But when Brendon had stopped speaking, I leaned against him and began to cry. It was pathetic. I was missing out on fun with my friends because I was wallowing in my own self-pity, and it was stupid.

So as the movie finished, I decided that I would go to Tré's party. After all, he was just some stupid teacher, and I could do so much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one probably isn't as good as the rest (sorry) - I rewrote it so many times, not quite sure which angle to go, whether Frank should stay or leave, whether Bert should rush out or not, whether Gerard should blame Frank or be really upset, that kind of thing. But I think this is okay, at least, I hope it is. I hope you guys like it, despite what's happened :)

Uh yeah, not much else to say (exCEPT FRANK ALBUM IN AUGUST OMFG HOLD ME), and...yeah! The next chapter will be better, I promise! (Though I really really really kinda need to update FILWKY but whatever)

So long and goodnight,

-xocharr <3 ;;