Arnav felt bad for Tarinii on seeing her plight but he understood his father said so because you need to be strict with a person as stubborn as her and this was all for her good only.

"Let the assembly be dispersed." The Emperor said as he got up from his seat.

"Wait father! Don't you think prince Arnav has infringed the law by meeting a prisoner without legal permission, as stated by this princess?" Shyam said, malice gleaming in his eyes.

"Prince Shyam, sit down. This isn't a time to discuss petty matters like this." Empress Mayuri quieted her son and went from the hall in her regal way. Shyam stood disappointed, huffing and puffing on his fate.

Arnav looked on towards Tarini who was being escorted by some servants to change her clothes. He didn't know whether he should be sad about her state or happy about his marriage. All he knew was that he wanted to do something good for her, ensure her security.

"Son, come with me." Mayuri beckoned him pulling him out of his thoughts. "Send your sword to my room after some time. We shall tie the sword to Princess Tarini's veil before sending her to her kingdom. This ritual shall signify your alliance with her." She kept her hand on his shoulder.

"Mother, can I carry some food for her too? She hasn't eaten anything since last night. She must be in a very bad state..." Arnav said in a concerned voice.

"According to our traditions, you aren't allowed to be present during these rituals. Don't worry, I shall make sure she is well fed. Wait in your room for me, we have to complete some rituals with you first." Mayuri said before going away to start the arrangements.

Turmeric paste and some herbs were applied on Arnav's face and body. The remaining paste was taken to apply over Tarini. Arnav's sword was kept in front of the diety's idol so as to seek divine blessings. It was then that the sword was taken to be tied to Tarini's veil.

Tarini sobbed and looked sadly towards all the jewels that she was compelled to wear. She hesitated to remove her garments in front of the nannies of this kingdom foriegn to her.

The royal nanny, irritated by her sobs started taunting her and dealing roughly with her.

"You should be grateful our prince decided to marry you and not make you a maid here. That is what usually happens with princess of destroyed kingdoms, they become mistresses and slaves to the kings." The nanny said in frustration as Tarini kept on sobbing while they tried to undress her wounds and bathe her.

"Oh my! What trouble has befallen over me! I don't want this marriage. I don't want anything to do with this horrid place where the people are so selfish and inhumane." She sobbed, covering herself with the shawls lying on the ground.

" What is going on here?" Mayuri entered the premises of the private water pool.

"Empress, this princess is a child. Her mother hasn't taught her anything regarding marriage or how to behave. She is a brat to be precise. I cannot handle her. She just keeps on sobbing and protesting." The nanny scoffed.

" God knows what is wrong with kingdoms these days! They don't teach their princesses anything and leave them to be dolls at their in laws place." Mayuri eyed Sayantani, her daughter in law and spoke. Sayantani dropped her head in shame. Tarini looked on confused with this conversation.

Mayuri went towards Tarini and applied Turmeric paste on her hands and face.

"It would be good if you would stop protesting and start obeying." Mayuri stared her in her eyes while the maids washed and dressed her.

Finally Arnav's sword was tied to her shawl and she was warded off to be back within 3 days.

**********

"Mother, I don't want to go. I have an idea why don't we start our own rule here, at Padmadurg, where I shall be the empress and you the royal mother." Tarini suggested only to have her cheeks red with the slap Garima fell on her cheek.

"Look at your shamelessness.
You have the atrocity to come and talk to me. You only bring doom, don't you? You gobbled up my husband and brought doom to us. It is because of you that all our daughters are widows. How many times had I warned our king to not keep you but no! He thought you are the one who shall bring prosperity. Arre! That prophecy was just a rumour I had spread so that my daughters' proposal shall attract great kings. You are no prosperity, only doom! Only doom!"

Garima's words shocked Tarini. She started crying like the poor little soul she was.

"YOU...and only you are the cause of all the destruction and devastation Padmadurg is suffering. So you shall also have to surrender yourself as war compensation! And that's final, so stop whining and get dressed proper and fast." Garima cruelly pushed her into the dressing room.

********************************