LOVE DROUGHT.

N E W Y O R K |
G I S E L L E ' S H O U S E

The amount of times Giselle found herself sitting in her claw foot tub was countless, she would stare around at the same four walls. Sometimes her head would lay back against the tub and her eyes would burn into the ceiling. The water that she was submerged in was always bitterly cold, it didn't faze her one bit. But what did put her mind in a disarray was the silence that she was faced with, the silence she dealt with for months.

She could almost hear herself think, she hated hearing her own breathing. To keep from hearing such a miracle, Giselle would sink herself into the water without hesitation. She hoped that if she opened her eyes his blurry figure would be standing over the tub to yank her out. The blotchy sound of the water really helped out with the silence, it made it better in a sense.

Whenever she would do something like this, he could feel every agonizing second of it. Erik could feel the water drowning in his chest when Giselle would open her mouth and invite it all in. The vision of the eerie bathroom would be in front of him, he could see her legs hanging over the rim of the tub and her hands flop carelessly.

She could feel him, feel his presence lurking in the darkest corners of the room. It was a soulmate thing that she soon understood happens when one is in danger. Her body emerges from the water, her loud gasp and the splashes of the liquid thrashing around in the tub echoes. Giselle grabs ahold of the tub: afraid that she might let the water engulf her once again, she breathes heavily and shuts her eyes close.

Her hair was soaked and running down her back in waves, she leans her head against her arm. Small droplets of water were sliding off her eyelashes, Giselle leans back then turns around to look at the open window several feet away from her. She could see the faint color of blue lights traveling across the sky at a fast pace.

"Shit."

Giselle was in the kitchen now, a coffee mug in her hand and a blank expression on her face. What are they doing here? She thinks while scanning her eyes over the dark kitchen, the cold draft was hitting her bare legs causing her to shiver. "Giselle." The coffee mug drops to the ground, an array of black glass scratches the floor. A puddle had formed in front of Giselle's feet, she curses and quickly runs over to the light: switching it on.

Erik stands up from the dining table then walks around the island to get to her. She stands as still as the dead, afraid to even move an inch. There was no telling how pissed off he would be about her leaving again, after that night she went back to his hotel room only to vanish in the morning. You would think he learned to wake up before her.

His combat boots step into the now cold coffee, Erik's hands go up on both sides of her head. They push up against the sleek metal of the refrigerator, his head bends down to meet her face. Giselle found it weird how he was wearing a sleeveless shirt, he never wore stuff like that in public. Maybe he didn't care because it was night time, his hand grabs a couple pieces of her dirty blonde waist-length braids. "Erik..."

Erik yanks her hair, Giselle whimpers and digs her fingernails into his wrist: attempting to pry his hand off of her braids. "Erik! I know you're angry." He slams her against the sink, she breathes out a shaky breath and places her hands on the side of his face. He was furious, she could feel it radiating off him like the sun beating its rays down on you on a hot summer day. "I know, baby, I'm sorry."

Erik's face was rubbing against hers softly, his lips were slightly parted and his chest was moving up and down. "I could kill you right now." His lips are placed on her cheek, he bangs his fist down onto the counter causing it to shake and Giselle to flinch.