Chapter ~ 27

~*~*~

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up."― Neil Gaiman,

~*~*~

If there was ever one lesson I learnt from my Fathers death, it was that time was the healer of pain.

While healing more emotionally than physically, time caused you to forget and move on. For it stopped for no one. Forcing you to leave your pain behind, no matter how hard you fought.

And although it tries, it will never ever be able to rid of the scars so deeply etched within. For the scars on my feet were just as permanent as the loss of my brother.

And the pain of both would never go away.

All I wished to do was mope around the room I occupied, yet my thoughts would always wander back to yesterdays events.

What I witnessed Andrew go through would never leave me. His struggle for life and the claiming of death. The scene sculpted into my head for all eternity.

And then there was Oliver.

I had yet to see him since last nights affairs. After snapping back to himself, he seemed somewhat repulsed by our intimacy. Leaving without a word and sleeping elsewhere for the night.

And while this heat was was a factor in our actions last night, I still thoroughly enjoyed myself. To the point where I almost forgot what had just occurred hours before...

And with that thought came another one. The pack. Even before the whole kidnapping ordeal, there was a fire that ripped through our homes. All because of that Jestor and King.

He had made it clear within his letter that he wished for me to be reunited with my townsfolks, yet to go to such lengths...There had to be something more to it.

He had to know that I was of worth to the wolves. By now he would have heard the word that they were no ordinary wolves. But what would he do now? He had already ransacked our home...We were all homeless now.

This uncannily encouraged me to start my day. I knew I couldn't lay around the whole time. I was a Luna after all and my pack had just lost their home. I needed to step up and look after them.

But maybe that was the problem..Stepping.

Swinging my legs around to the floor, I finally saw in clear daylight how scarred and horrid my feet looked.

I was beyond flawed

While Oliver's touch had healed the inflammation and soreness, it could not rid the pinky flesh that riddled my feet. And although depressing, I was thankful enough to have my feet at least.

After all, they were nearly burnt off.

Deciding to give standing a shot. I pushed up from the bed. At first, my disfigured feet struggled to find balance, causing me to stretch out my arms to find my centre of gravity. It took a minute but I finally felt stable on my own two feet.

Now it was the effort of actually walking...

After a few short minutes of wondering the room, I began to learn a new way of walking. My feet were far too uncomfortable to be placed flat down on the floor; therefore I had to lean on the side on my feet to find support and balance. Long distances would no doubt strain my ankles but in the meantime, I had to make do.