"Why in the hell were you not answering my calls?"

   "Why the hell didn't you call me last night?"

   "I didn't realize I had to." My grip on the phone tightens as he stares at me with an annoyed expression. I glare back at him before hanging up on him, tossing the phone down on the bed. A heartbeat later my phone begins to ring yet again. I make no move to pick it up, simply lean over and flick it to silent. He is probably going to be pissed at me for both hanging up on him and ignoring him, but I can honestly say that I am a lot more pissed off right now.

   He didn't realize he had to? What bullshit answer is that? It isn't a rocket science to simply call your significant other and tell them how your trip is going. A fucking text would have sufficed, but I got nothing. Now that is what he is getting from me. Nothing. I stare at the screen of my phone with disinterest, waiting for Thomas's name to disappear. Laf's name appears on Skype and I quirk an eyebrow before accepting his call. 

   Laf's hysterical laughter fills the air as he looks at me, tears streaming down his cheeks. The corners of my lips quirk up into a smile as I watch him practically combust with laughter. 

   "You hung up on him!" he practically screeches with laughter. "Do you have any idea how perfect that is?"

   "It felt pretty good." I confess. 

   "God, you two are better than any soap opera." He sighs, wiping his eyes as a few more dying laughs escape him. I chuckle as I lean back on the mountain of pillows and looks at my friend with a genuine smile on my face. 

   "So Thomas tattled?"

   "Uh huh," he lifts his phone high enough that I can see his screen. "He has been blowing up my Skype for the past few minutes. Just thought I might drop in and see what new drama has been brewing in your interesting, interesting life." he grins. "So, what did he do now?"

   "Just being an ignorant asshole." 

   "That's pretty typical, but I'm going to need specifics." 

   "He was freaking out about going back to Monticello and then went radio silent afterwards. I didn't even get a goodnight text or i'm back at the hotel text. There was just nothing and now he has the gall to look me in the eye and tell me that he wasn't aware that he was supposed to let me know." 

   "That bitch." Laf scoffs sarcastically. I glare at him halfheartedly as he simply smiles. "Is it possible that there is a bit more going on here than you are willing to confess to?"

   "Like what?"

   "Oh you know, like the part you play you in this situation." He looks at me pointedly. 

   "I don't follow." I deadpan. 

   "Don't give me that look petit lion." Laf scolds. "Thomas needs you to be blunt and tell him directly. Can you honestly tell me that you told him clearly to call  you after going back to Monticello?" I glance over towards the window, struggling to recollect the exact words I had used when we talk. I'm uncertain if I had been that painfully clear. "I'm guessing by that look on you face that the answer to that question is going to be a no."

   "Why do I have to be so painfully clear though?"

   "That's just how Thomas operates." He shrugs. "You're kind of freaking him out by not talking to him." I grin slightly at his words. "Wipe that smug ass look off your face, revenge is not the key to relationships. Well, not healthy ones anyways." 

   "Don't be mothering me Lafayette." I grumble. 

   "Call Thomas." 

   "He can wait a couple of minutes." 

   "Call Thomas now." 

   "He's fine." 

   "Call your man Hamilton." 

  "Fine, don't be so pushy!" I hang up, vanishing his victorious grin from my sight. Thomas's contact information is right next to Laf's but I find myself to be hesitating to call him. I don't want to get into an argument with him, but I suppose I can let him yell at me for a little while. I kind of deserve it this time. I tap onto his contact information. He picks up after the third ring. 

   "What the hell did I do to deserve the silent treatment Alex?" He rambles on without preamble. "If you're going to punish me then please explain to me why first." 

   "You didn't call me when I wanted you to call me. I didn't know if you were alright or not and you just went radio silent." Thomas blinks in surprise, his expression going slack as my docile response catches him off guard. 

   "Why didn't you just call me yourself?"

   "I didn't want to be interrupting anything." I grumble. 

   "You calling me would be never be an interruption." 

   "Why didn't you call me?"

   "I'm sorry. I should have called." 

   "Why didn't you?"  I repeat. 

   "I got caught up with talking with my family." He confesses. "I didn't realize that you wanted me to call you, so I didn't. I apologize." 

   "Hm." 

   "Am I forgiven?" He asks with a small grin. "Have I wronged you too greatly, my sweet Alex?" My throat constricts slightly as his voice drops and gains a husky timber. I look away from him in an attempt to control my composure. 

   "Don't talk like that when you aren't here." I grumble. 

   "So you do miss me." He chuckles. "I miss you too, darlin'." I glance back at him and he looks at me with expectant eyes, full of silent laughter. 

   "Fine, you're off the hook." 

   "Say you forgive me." 

   "Fuck no." 

   "Say it." 

   "No." 

   "Alex, darling. I would like you to say it." He whispers.

   "Damn it," I mutter. "I forgive you." 

   "Love you too baby."