Marvelous Misfortune

As I stood above the others with Neptune at my side, I glared down at the hulking monster. The beast disgusted me to absolutely no end, and I couldn't believe that I'd actually talked myself into taking jobs like that with my team. I smile and look down towards Rikian

"Hey, Rikian. I need something that can do some serious damage... Got anything for me?"

Rikian nods and focuses on the shadows gathered around the room. A large, pitch black tiger formed from one of the shadows and broke off, now a being made of complete darkness.

I focus on it, forcing small energy strings to connect my body to that of the tiger's and allowing me to take over its body. I look around in my new form, getting used to the way things worked in this body. I glare at the monster with pitch black eyes that swallowed any light daring to rest upon them.

With a fierce roar, I'm on top of the monster, digging my fangs into its rather tough and hard flesh. 

Kai thrusts his hands forwards, sharp strings being released form his fingertips and being forced into the monster's body. As Kai is working his strings around and through the monster, Karma forces the particles around the monter's head to shake rapidly and heat up, causing a small explosion.

The monster is screaming in agony now, but it is far from dead. As everyone works together, the beast is soon worn down. Even in its worn down state, it still has enough strength to throw me off of it and onto my back. In this form, I felt no pain, but I still braced for the impact.

Not knowing how to use this body properly yet, the front left leg is broken in the impact. I groan as I return to my body, watching as the form I was in dissolves back into the shadows it emerged from.

Not wanting to risk any more energy consumption from Rikian, as she already has several creatures attacking, I groan and feel that I can't do anything but watch from the sidelines. It was going to be horrible, now that I wasn't out there helping.

I watch as Kanna* begins to create storm clouds over the top of the monster, beginning to make the monster wet with water and Yuuto forcing lightning out of the cloud to fry the absolutely soaked being. 

Everyone was working so well together, and making the best use of their abilities. And all I could do was sit back and watch. Still, I could take over any one of their bodies and use it to my will, but what fun would that be? Plus, I didn't want to make any member of my team feel violated.

I take control of a wolf that Rikian had manufactured, more used to this body than the earlier one.

The monster reaches out towards Sunstone with it's claws outstretched. I manage to jump in front of her just in time to catch the attack with my stomach. I immediately pulled out of the body as I gasp in pain. Back in my real body, I almost fall off of the beam, but steady myself on a vertical facing on. I touch my hands to my chest and stomach, feeling the burning sting under my shirt. I lift up the useless fabric and take a gander at what seems to be four very deep gashes in my flesh. It was strange. No attack in another body should transfer to my own.

"Well, that's new..."

I barely manage to get the words out before I lose my balance, falling forwards to off of the beam

*Kanna was formerly known as Cherry