Of Misfits and Monsters

Can you imagine having one of the scariest abilities in the world? An ability that keeps one from being loved? No, no you couldn't. I hate it, but it's what I have to live with. It's what we all have to live with.

We are a small group of teenagers, gathered from across the city. We are special, containing abilities that we have had since birth. We are known as the Misfits. In our group in New York, there is only seven of us.

A little bit about myself... My name is Shuya Hideaki, and I was born with a power terrifying to even myself. I often wonder if I can activate it on myself, but I'm too scared to even attempt it. There are those of us that can use their abilities at will, but a few of us haven't found our on/off switch, I being one of them.

When I was born, one of the nurses made a mistake, one that ended with her in a mental institution. 

It was sad, to be honest. But I had no control over over what happened to her. It was her own sheer dumb luck.

Of course, there are those that have a fairly un-fucked up childhood, which I didn't get the pleasure of having. Neither did most of the Misfits. We all learned to cope with one another, after being thrown to the dogs by the normal people, those without powers. There is one thing that we keep to ourselves that the humans may never know.

We can see the monsters.

That's right, we can see beings that no other human being can. We Misfits classify them based on a ranking system, the order being God, Demon, Monster, and Shrimp.

The strongest, of course are the Gods. The ones that don't give a fuck about when they attack, as long as they get a good meal. They like to use their intellect to lure innocent beings to a safe, secure place before they devour them. They are almost human like in appearance and won't hesitate to show themselves around humans. One distinct giveaway is the tail that protrudes from the small of their back, but those are usually tucked out of view. They are experts in hand to hand combat, and are nasty tricksters, using anything they can manipulate to their advantage, even humans.

Next in line are the Demons. These ones are the ones that use nothing but their sheer brute force to attack their prey. They are somewhat smart and can often outsmart even Misfits.

The common types of monsters are... Well... Monsters. These beasts choose to hunt at night and love to choose their targets during the day based on smell alone.

Shrimps are monsters that can hardly be noticed, based on their low amount of energy and how they are hardly seen at any time of the day or night. They mostly feed on small rodents.

These creatures can be the most terrifying things on the planet, but only if you don't know how to deal with certain ones. Of course, there are the ones that can scare even the most cold-blooded of Misfits.

Those are the ones that you should really watch out for.

Sorry about this short chapter, but I needed to introduce the general idea of the monsters and the Misfits.

Late Character Submissions:

Kyo Kai (Noah Takumi)