104. Another Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked.

"Did you send In My Blood to Camila before it was released?" I asked. Shawn sighed, knowing exactly where this was going.

"Yes I did." He said.

"Why haven't you sent any of your songs to me?" I asked.

"I don't know. Just wanted to surprise you." Shawn said. Valid reason, but something still didn't feel right about this situation.

"But why not surprise Camila too?" I asked.

"I don't know. I thought that surprising you would make it more special." Shawn said.

"Oh. I guess I'm just jealous that you sent it to her, and not to me. Can you play any of your other songs for me please?" I asked.

"No Y/n." Shawn said a bit of harshness in his voice. I backed myself up so I could look at him better.

"Okay... may I ask why?" I asked.

"Just because." Shawn said. That wasn't a good enough reason. I felt tears prick my eyes. Maybe I was overreacting, but I wanted to hear the songs before Camila did. I felt that, as the girlfriend, it was only fair.

"Okay." I said, trying not to cry. I rolled over so my back was facing him. I didn't want him to see me like this.

"Baby don't do this." Shawn said. I didn't say anything, I didn't trust myself to. I would burst into tears if I spoke. Shawn and I fell asleep with my back facing him. I felt bad but at the same time I felt hurt. He wasn't giving me a good enough reason.

......

Shawn and I were still like that when I woke up. He was still asleep and I had school, so I left him a little note saying that I had gone to school and that I loved him. I headed off to school but had a hard time focusing even though I was trying my hardest to focus. I texted Shawn to let him know that I was going over to my best friend Grace's house after school and he said okay, and that he missed me.

"So what's new?" Grace asked. I explained the whole situation to her as I cried. "Yeah something definitely isn't right with this situation. You need to talk to him about this." She said.

"No, I should just move on." I said.

"No, he needs to give you a proper reason on why he sent it to another woman and not to you." She said. I winced. That sounded terrible just hearing it.

"Okay. I'll talk to him and let you know what happens." I said before leaving.

......

"Hi babe. Have a good time with Grace?" Shawn asked.

"Hi. Yeah, I did. Can we go back to the discussion that we were having last night?" I asked. Shawn sighed.

"I already gave you my reason for not sending it to you babe." Shawn said. Well at least he called me babe.

"I know but I feel like there's more to it than 'just because'." I said.

"Well there's not." Shawn said while walking away from me.

"Shawn there must be." I said.

"Maybe it's because you're not good at keeping secrets. Ever think about that?" Shawn yelled. I was shocked. It's not like I was going to go around playing his song for everyone to hear. I would keep them to myself. So I decided to tell him that.

"Shawn are you serious? First of all, I am good at keeping secrets. Second of all, it's not like I was going to go around playing your music for everyone and anyone to hear. I would keep them to myself." I said, tears threatening to spill down my face.

"Well maybe you would have played them for Grace or something, I don't know." Shawn said, throwing his arms up into the air.

"Not without your permission Shawn." I said, the tears now coming down my face.

"No, no, no, don't cry. I'm sorry baby girl." Shawn said, walking towards me. I backed up.

"I love to tell people what I got them as a present, so I'm not good at keeping secrets in that sense, but otherwise, I keep secrets. I wouldn't have played them -" I was cut off by Shawn putting his lips on mine. I surprisingly, on instinct, kissed back. I pulled away. "What was that for?" I asked, still slightly angry.

"I needed to shut you up somehow. From now on, you're going to be the first person that I send my songs to. I'm so sorry baby, please forgive me." Shawn pleaded, his hands cupping my face. I looked at the ground before answering.

"Fine. I'm sorry for the way I acted last night when we went to bed." I said.

"Thank you baby. No honey, it's fine. I should've told you the real reason. You're right. You are terrible at keeping presents a secret but otherwise you're good. I don't know why I thought that. I'm so sorry." Shawn said, looking at the ground.

"Hey look at me. It's okay." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Positive." I said.

"I love you Y/n." Shawn said, and before I could respond he put his lips on mine. I felt the same feelings all over again. I felt the butterflies, I felt the sparks, I felt my blood pumping faster, I felt my heart racing.

"I love you too." I said when we pulled away.

"Lucky in love?" Shawn asked me. That was our saying. Lucky in love.

"Lucky in love." I reassured him. And it's true. I'm lucky in love with him.