Another dimension ( 1x10 ) part 1

Start from the beginning

~~

I was on my way there. To the Jade Wolf.

I felt a lot better. I've healed completely overnight and the disappearance of the pain made me sleep quite well. So, it was in a good mood that I was walking into the Chinese restaurant that also served as a lair for Luke's pack.

Just like the first time I set a foot there, the pack smelled the air and looked directly at me when I walked in. Like one of the pack said, I smelled like a wolf but also like an angel, so I could understand their confusion.

I turned my gaze from all of them when I saw Luke in the corner of my eyes, walking towards me.

"You should've stayed at the Institute. You're supposed to rest." he told me.

"I healed completely last night. I'm fine now." I assured him.

"And why exactly did you come here ?"

"I need to talk to you."

That was true. I wanted to talk to him about something that I've noticed lately. I didn't assume that he had all the answers I wanted, but he was a werewolf, so he was the closest person I knew who could somehow understand what I was going through.

Luke and I walked towards a booth and sat in front of each other, around a table. Some of his pack mates were still glaring at me, while others decided to go on with their lives. I sighed as I knew that some of them would listen to our conversation.

"So, what did you want to talk about ?" Luke asked me.

"Well, news update: my healing rune doesn't work and neither do my runes for speed and strength." I stated. I tried to activate my iratze to heal faster but it simply didn't work, which was why it took longer for me to heal. "I mean, shouldn't the runes supposed to make me better ?"

"They do, but you gotta keep a balance, I guess. You can't be too strong or too fast. I think that while your genes make you stronger everyday, your angel powers diminish."

"Do you think I could become more of a werewolf than a Shadowhunter ? That other traits could appear like claws or fangs ?" I worried.

If that was the case, would it be a good thing or on the contrary, a bad thing ? I've been used to be treated like a mundane for 18 years, like a Shadowhunter for a couple of months and now, I didn't know if I could bear to go through another change in my life.

"Well, with the way your eyes changed colors yesterday, maybe."

"What ?" I asked, confused as to what he was referring to.

"Last night. When you stood between Rafael and my beta. I don't know what triggered your senses but your eyes turned green. Like mine." Luke answered as he glowed his eyes.

I stared at them, not being able to look anywhere else. When I thought about it, I did feel my eyes tingle last night, but I didn't really pay attention to it. I just assumed that I was tired or something like that. Never would I have imagined that.

Luke's eyes turned back to normal, and looked at me. I probably looked confused, as I always was.

"I don't know what to tell you, Leila. I'm sorry to disappoint you but like I said, I've never dealt with someone like you before, so I don't know what to say." he told me.

I scoffed as I lowered my gaze on table. "At this point, I don't know if I should feel frustrated or if I should feel unique."

" I'll go with the second option."