Chapter two

I couldn't stop thinking about why this girl was speaking so loudly. Was she trying to get us caught? I then started thinking about how this girl had to get to our classroom. Why wasn't she in her own class? If she went to use the bathroom when this all started, she would have had to go to the second floor because the first floor bathrooms were under construction. My class was at the end of the hall, and the bathrooms are toward the middle. She would have passed plenty of classes. Why didn't go to one of them? Maybe she was on the stairwell at the end of the hall when it happened and ran back down. I didn't get to finish thinking because I heard the door open. I'm pretty sure it was the teacher.

ONE. TWO. THREE. FOUR. FIVE.

It was all happened so fast. The three of us jumped when we heard the first one. We didn't move or make a sound after that. Alisa was silently sobbing next to me, so I put my arm around her. The other student was wiping tears from his eyes. I just starred blankly into space. I didn't know what to think. I know what I heard; my ears were still ringing, yet I didn't feel sad or even scared. It was a feeling of complete hopelessness. After a few seconds or minutes, I can't remember, we heard the door open and close.

Frank was his name. I just remembered. Maybe it's not too late. Anyway, Frank was first get up, and his facial expression said it all. It was a mixture of terror and disgust. It looked like he was about to throw up. Alisa was leaning on my still silently sobbing, which was now accompanied by the occasion sniffle.

"Hey James, Alisa we need to get out of here," Frank said in a whisper.

I told him, "Hold up." I should have questioned him. I should have asked him why don't we stay in the class but I didn't. I wasn't even thinking about it. After about five minutes, Alisa stopped crying, and we got up from under the desk. I still have nightmares about what I saw. I won't go into detail, but it was bad, and I was right to think the teacher was the one who opened the door because his body was next to the door. The teacher and the other students were all dead. I wanted to throw up, but I managed to hold it in. Alisa didn't. She threw up on the floor. I gagged, but I still managed to hold it in.

We slowly made our way to the door. "We should go to the library," whispered Frank.

"Why? We should head for the exits and get the hell out of here," I whispered back.

"Think about it. We don't know if there is more than one person involved. If there is, who says there not waiting at the exits?"

"I guess you're right."

Frank slowly opened the door and looked out. He told us to follow him and we did. The library was on the other side of the hall. It was quiet. The only noises that were being made were from us. I don't know if it was the adrenaline, but each step we took sounded so loud. Eventually, we made there without being seen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
568 words