Chapter One - Fräulein Brandt

The slums, to the average wealthy eye, looked bleak and desolate. But, often, this wasn't the case.

"Guten tag, Heide!"

I mean, sure, I wanted to live in a nice, warm house with nice warm food and a nice warm bed, but most of the time the atmosphere is nice.

"Hallo Freidrick!"

The only time it wasn't so pleasant is when someone dies - Usually in winter - but that's too a morbid subject, so I won't continue on from that.

It was autumn*, a time where the leaves turned into oranges, browns, maybe with flecks of white added to them.

"Können Sie mir enige Französisch beibringen?"

"Ya!"

For those of you not fluent in my launguage, my friend, Freidrick, asked me if I could teach him some French, to which I agreed to.

You see, my mother taught me some other languages - French and Spanish - And, although I am not fluent in them, I teach them to the others. My mother vanished years ago, and my father... My father died in a harsh winter two years ago. And on the measly pay I get from my job, I'm going to try and resurrect him.

Well, you may be asking, 'How are you going to do that?', so I'll tell you.

My mother, that bitch, taught me a foreign science called Alchemy, the fundamental basics of it and how to perform it. She says that the only way I am able to that is the fact that I have her country's blood in me. To this day, I still have absolutely no idea what she's talking about, but yeah.

Resurrecting my dad.

The day went by too slowly. It felt like days teaching Freidrick, but it could of only been an hour. By the time he had left, it was already getting dark.

My heart was thumping, my lips were smirking, and my eyes were gleaming in the moonlight.

This was it.

I sketched a circle on the floor, with an intricate design inside it. Smirking, I smacked my hands down on the edge of the circle - after I put the ingredients inside it - and hoped to God it would work.