Childhood: Part One

Life with the Graysons was quite enjoyable. Especially since you lived in a circus, and you travel a lot. You've always wanted to do that in your past life. You wanted to do a lot of stuff back then, but you couldn't, you can't but now that doesn't matter-yes it doesn't matter.

----

"Ricci! Come here, sweetie!" called your mom. You just can't believe it. You actually have parents now. "Coming, ma!"

As you went there, you saw Pop Haly, whom you call 'Pops', talking to someone. You would've just ignored this it weren't for the fact that this person wasn't a part of the circus. Not only this surprised you, it made you suspicious, because the man he was talking to was suspicious. Or you felt that he was suspicious, your gut feeling, as dad called it, was pretty accurate. It doesn't help that his clothing make him stand out from the everyone, a suit, which is something no one in the circus owns, let alone afford. You also knew how to read body language, something you had in your past life but honed here.

You decided, You're going to regret this later, to listen to their conversation, forgetting the fact that your mom called you.

"Are you sure you don't want to pay the protection fees?" started the man, "You wouldn't want any... accidents occuring."

"For the last time, I ain't gonna pay you!" This was Pops this time. And he sounded panicked, so you did what came to mind. You ran in there and threw whatever you got first, which was just a ball. It hit him on the face and grabbed the his attention, and Pops. "Ricci! What are you doing?!"

"He's bad, Pops!"

"Brat, how dare you!" Large hands then grabbed you. Smacking you, you can't help but scream, "Ow! Stop! Let go!"

You heard the sound of a fist hitting a nose perfectly, then you were let go. Pops had punched the angrybaddangerous man. "Don't bring her into this!"

The man looked shocked. Then he stood up, brushed the dust off himself, and glared at Pops. Then he left. Pops kneeled in front of you.

"Ricci, are you okay?" He asked gently. He's worried. "Shh, don't cry anymore."

That was when you realized you were crying. You were trembling. It had scared you, but you didn't notice due to the adrenaline, and your worry for Pops. Hiccuping, you asked, "Is-is he g-gone?"

"Richelle!"

You were startled, and you started crying harder. Why were you even crying? When you turned to look at the source of the voice, you were suddenly hugged. Ma, Pa, you thought belatedly. Then you melted to their embrace. You felt safe. You relaxed, even for a little bit.

But you were still trembling, the shock of what happened finally catching up to you.

"Richelle-Ricci, you didn't come to the trailer, then- Gods, you scared us! Are you okay?"

But you didn't really hear them, and just hugged them tighter. You felt quite tired.

Then you fell asleep.

----

(A/N: sup so im still alive. to those reading this omaigosh thank you. as you can see i have no care anymore for being formal in the authors note, and well.. i hadnt updated because i was busy with life *coughschoolcough* anyways, this part of the authors note was made when i first made this chapter i just didnt delete it because it was explaining a few things. so without further ado, the old authors note: [As for why she's so scared of the man grabbing her, well, who woudn't be? Besides, she has the mentality of a child, despite being aware of her past life. Like the thing she realized during the chapter before this, this was a second chance. A second chance to experience the things she hadn't before, experience things she did before, just basically to right the wrongs [or most] she made in her past life. And there's more to her past self than what was revealed in the prologue. I hope you enjoyed this!])

(a/n: anothe edit woohooo)