Realization

You hear a cry. A baby's cry, to be exact. And you want it to stop. It's annoying. That was when you realized that the cry belonged to you.

But why do you sound like an infant? You can't help but wonder. Then you felt hands. Gentle, warm hands. Hands that are holding you as if you are fragile, as if you are precious.

"Hush, dear child.
Your mother's here for you.
To guide and teach you,
to love and nurture you.

Hush, dear child.
Your father has arrived.
He's come to teach you,
to love you, to protect you.

Hush, dear child.
We're here for you.
We're here to care,
to show you the way."

You don't really understand the song, you don't know the language, but something about it was comforting and it was enough.

----

The smell was bothering you. It smelled clean and of antibiotics. It smelled like exactly how hospitals do. But you couldn't be there, right? Unless...!

You wake up, to the feeling of being embraced. You don't know what to feel about this. For one, you are confused and two, you can't help but feel uncomfortable, Do any of you know the concept of personal space?

Then you remembered. You had died. But you're awake here and now? And the smell. Maybe you had survived, after all.

But the question is how? How did it happen? You were sure that you were alone in that alley. If someone were ever to pass by, it would have been too late. You would have died. So how-?

"Richelle, my sweet little Robin, don't cry."

You were startled. You had forgotten that you were being carried by someone, which is weird, since you are a grown-ass woman. And you would admit that you are a bit heavier than most.

You open your mouth to talk, and to your surprise, all that come out are gargles. Bables, whatever you want to call it. It was then you realized that you can't open your eyes as easily as before, and your body feels... heavier, if that was possible. Almost as if you are sick. And again, it got you thinking.

Why do you sound like a baby? Why can't you open your eyes? Why can't you-?

You started crying again, you realized belatedly. The warmgentlekind hands are soothing you, and once again their voice, a woman?  is trying to calm you down.

"Shh, everything is alright, sweet."

Despite the language barrier, you somehow understood it. Maybe because she's calming? She has a nice voice. And a nice smell, too.

She was saying something, what was she saying? but you can't bring yourself to care anymore, drifting off to sleep.

----

It took time, but you finally figured out what happened. You got reborn, given a second chance. It was actually quite nice.

It didn't take long for you to try to forget you past life. Why bother remembering it, when in that life you were all alone, no one cared? Your life was shit and you can't even think of a defense for it. People hurt you for reasons beyond you. But that's okay, you have this life now.

The woman, she is the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, more beautiful than the lady next door. She's got the warmest eyes, the most beautiful smile. And she's your mother.

She's also got a husband, your father, your actual birth father, with the coolest, stunning eyes, and the greatest... everything. He's better, greater than the good-for-nothing gene donator of your past life.

They are amazing, and their names are Mary and John Grayson.

You can't help but feel that they are familiar.

----

(A/N: Hello again, I guess I'm continuing this? Oh, and please share your thoughts on this, I would love to know [especially if it's constructive criticism.] Thanks for reading and have a great day! Also, that poem-song thing is something I made on my own, was it okay?

(A/N: sorry this aint an update i just edited this and added a few things to umm make it better? i guess? tell me please if there are grammatical errors, though, so id correct them)