Chapter 2

"I wanna thrill you like Michael, I wanna kiss you like Prince. Let's get it on like Marvin Gaye, like Hathaway. Write a song for you like this" sang in my ear by my alarm clock.

Uhg. Monday mornings. This weekend I did literally nothing but slept and ate. AKA what my normal weekends are like.

I got out of bed and took a quick shower and got dressed in high waisted jean shorts and a band shirt and quickly did my makeup. I spent all last night trying to get the eyelash glue out of my real eyelashes from Friday night, yet there is still some in my lashes.

I grabbed a pop tart, kissed my mom who was getting ready for works and my dad who was reading the newspaper goodbye, and ran out on the blazing heat. It's almost October and it is still burning hot in Texas.

I jumped in my old somewhat rusty truck and drove to school early enough so I could get to my locker and still have time to talk to Savannah. I pulled into the school and my usual parking spot was taken by a red convertible. I rolled my eyes, knowing this was payback from Friday night and parked in the closest spot to the school I could find and locked my truck and went up to the school.

Belle High School is actually a really nice old high school. Though it is becoming more technological, the feel of it is still classic. It has several cobblestone stairs you walk up to enter and the school itself is made up of old brick. It has a rooftop garden and windows from every classroom.

I walk up the cobblestone stairs and pass multiple classrooms, greeting some of my friends as I pass them and get to my navy blue locker and get my books out and find Savannah waiting for me by her gold locker.

"Hey Sav!" She was wearing her ripped out skinny jeans and a short sleeved flannel shirt.

"Hey Jess. I'm not feeling to well, so is it okay if we, or I go straight to my first hour today? I just have a minor headache and no one is in there until the bell rings."

I nod and walk her to her classroom, telling her that I hope she feels better and I continue off to my first hour, which is a hallway away from hers and suddenly my books are knocked out of my arm and I gasp and go to the floor, quickly trying to pick them up and the person who did it helps me as well.

"Oh God, I am so sorry," says a super deep voice, sounding sincere. I look up and gasp. It's Mason. Mason Beck. I quickly get up and he hands me my books.

I say slowly, "It's okay," but he's gone with his friends already. I feel the blush on my cheeks and quickly go to my first hour and set my books at my usual desk and lay my head down, thinking about how Mason seemed so sincere about apologizing and then how all of a sudden he went back to being a douche, until I hear the first bell ring and put my head up and mentally prepared for the Trig test we had this hour.

----Later that day---

"Savannah! Are you okay?" I rushed to my usual circular lunch table, where all the Lionettes sat, and sat next to her.

"Yeah I'm fine. I told you it was just a headache!" Savannah smiled at me.

I laughed and listened to what everyone else did over the weekend and what everyone was planning on doing for homecoming and going to get pictures with their dates. Then all of a sudden, a shriek was heard from the football and cheerleader table and everyone in the entire café went silent.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU'RE BREAKING UP WITH ME?" A super high pitched voiced yelled that I knew from anywhere. I looked over and saw Stacy standing in front of Mason. He looked so calm, leaned against the table with his arms crossed.

"Yeah this isn't working out. Plus you just cheated on me for one of the nerd kids just so they could give you the answers for your geometry test. So we're done."

The "nerd kid" she apparently did stuff with got up quickly with all his stuff and walked quickly out of the cafeteria.

"SO? That doesn't mean you have to leave me! Unless....you found someone else!"

When he said nothing, she started screaming and making a scene again. "WHO WAS IT. WAS IT ANOTHER CHEERLEADER? OR ONE OF THOSE SLUTTY DANCERS OVER THERE? IT WAS WASN'T IT? FIRST THEY STEAL MY SPOTLIGHT, THEN THEY STEAL MY BOYFRIEND!" She turns and faces us, "WHICH ONE OF YOU WAS IT?"

Her voice suddenly turned quiet and demanding. "Was it you, the one who told us off Friday night?" She stuck her manicured finger on Jasmine, who looked like she was about to explode and fight her, but I gave her a look that said calm down or else coach won't allow you to dance this season at all.

Then Stacy turned to me. "Or was it you. Miss I'm-Better-Than-Everyone-Else captain?" I gulped and heard the rest of the cheerleader table burst out in giggles. Stacy immediately turned to her table and marched over to her table and started screaming at them.

I caught Mason looking at us apologetically. I rolled my eyes and turned around and continued our conversation until we were interrupted about homecoming.

***************************************************************************************

Ello!

Chapter 2 is here! Hope you guys enjoyed it! I'm trying to make my chapters longer but idk/: Sorry if it's short :( But if you liked it remember to vote/favorite/share!

I'll see you guys soon!

-Falltime89