Chapter 3, Act 1

She found herself stranded in a cold room.
Her body ached.
Her dad had beaten her up again..
She couldn't move.
She started to panic, but she knew it wouldn't do her any good.
She looked up to see a tall silhouette under a blinding light, holding their arms out to her.

Were they saving her?

Is this what affection feels like?

Natsuki woke up in a cold sweat. She checked her surroundings and realized that this was not her room.

Then she felt warmth.

She found Yuri sleeping next to her; which caused her face to heat up.

Natsuki slipped her tiny body out from the bed, walked out of the room, and went downstairs. Once she got to the table, she noticed that Yuri's part of the poem had written down.

Vanilla

She is my vanilla
She is as sweet as a cupcake.
My cupcake
My everything

She is bitter
Her words pierce into my heart like a dagger
And yet she is still my world.
My everything

She knew it was about her.

Natsuki cringed at the style of her writing, and yet felt warmth in her heart that Yuri would make something like this. She shivered and shook the passion away as soon as she heard Yuri headed downstairs.

"My mother should be returning soon... I'm sorry that we didn't get to finish our poem.."

Yuri had the look of pain in her eyes. Was she worried?

"Haha no worries! I'll take it home and finish my side!" Natsuki exclaimed.
Yuri blushed when she found out that Natsuki read her poem. It wasn't the best that she has ever written, but it was late and she needed to go to sleep. Natsuki seemed way more brighter than last night. "I don't understand her..." Yuri thought.

"Anyways! I should get going! My dad will be so pissed if he finds out that I stayed over for the night. He should be still asleep by now."

It pained Yuri to hear Natsuki talking about her dad. Ever since last night, she wanted to take the vow to protect Natsuki. Her feelings were going wild by now, but she did her best to keep herself calm.

Natsuki, on the other hand, was biting her lip as she grabbed the poem and started walking towards the door. Yuri followed in hopes to escort her.

"We should totally hang out again sometime!" Natsuki yelled as she headed to her... Truck? What an unusual choice of automobile for such a small girl like Natsuki. Well... At least it's not a disgusting lime green color like Monika's prius... Yuck.
Yuri waved to Natsuki as she hopped into her truck and drove off. The exhaust pipe went off, causing Yuri to inhale the smoke that came from it. She coughed. It was nothing like cigarette smoke. Speaking of cigarettes, Yuri pulled out a small box that consisted of a few. She pulled a cig out and placed it in between her lips. She grabbed a lighter and held it to the end of the addicting cancer stick. Once it was lit, Yuri leaned against the wall and took a few drags.

"Such an interesting girl..." She smiled.

woah hey! Sorry for the really long wait! It's your favorite author here back at it again with another chapter! So Yuri is a smoker? I'm truly sorry if this triggers you in any way. I have been reading quite a lot of dark novels lately, so I thought having smoking be one of Yuri's issues along with self harm, which I will make a chapter about.

Yours Truly,

~ Author-Chan