Chapter 2.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to Criminal Minds. I only own Amelia.

"Spencer." Amelia couldn't hold back the smile that broke out across her face. He was wearing another patterned cardigan, slacks, with his bag slung over his shoulder. He had on black rimmed glasses, which she thought looked incredibly good on him. Not every guy could pull off a pair of glasses, but he did a damn good job of it.

"Hi." He said, giving her an awkward little smile. She leaned against the counter and he moved closer, which made her heart flutter a little bit. She realized that she never introduced herself, and he didn't even know her name.

"My name is Amelia Hawley. It's nice to officially meet you, Mr. Spencer Reid." She said coyly, offering her hand to him. He hesitated while looking at it, and she pulled it back, sensing his unease. "No worries."

"It's actually Dr. Reid." He corrected her, before looking at her with a sheepish expression. "And I'm not a fan of germs. Not saying that you're germy, but.." He trailed off, pushing a piece of brown hair back behind his ear.

"Like I said, no worries. And you're a doctor?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him. His cheeks burned a light pink, and she couldn't help but admire the way the color bled into his pale face.

"Well, not a medical doctor, per say. But, I do have PhD's in mathematics, chemistry, and engineering, along with my BA's psychology and sociology." The warmth in his cheeks grew as he took in her expression. Her jaw was hanging open slightly, and her blue eyes were wide with shock.

"So, I take it that you're pretty smart?" She joked, making him give a nervous chuckle and rub the back of his neck lightly. He glanced at the watch on his wrist and Amelia went behind the counter to grab him a large cup of black coffee. "Don't be late for work because of me, here you go." She handed him the cup, and he tried to hand her his money, but she declined like she had done before with Jason. "Don't worry about paying me, just try to come back and tell me more about yourself. You seem pretty interesting." She gave him a wink and a smile, which he returned, feeling more confident than he had prior to walking in the coffee shop.

"I'll try to come back after work if I'm not busy, if you're still going to be here." He offered, and Amelia nodded cheerfully.

"I'm always here, I own the place! You stop by whenever you can, and I'll be here." She promised him, and he nodded, taking a sip of his coffee. "Bye, Spencer!" She exclaimed as he walked out of the door, and he turned around, giving her a slight wave. However, when we turned back around, he bumped into the door, not realizing how close he had been standing to it.

"Bye,  Amelia." He muttered, the embarrassment evident in his voice. She almost let out a giggle, but she held it in. She didn't want to embarrass him and make him not want to come back.

"So, he's the reason that you won't go out with Jason." Heather teased her boss, bumping her hip slightly against hers as she walked by.

"This is the first time that I officially got to meet him, but there's something special about him. He seems shy, which is really sweet. Jason is too cocky, he knows that he's good looking and he thinks that he can get whatever he wants because of it. Besides, we're just friends." She retorted, grabbing a rag and wiping off the counter.

"You're just friends. I think he wants to be a little more than 'just friends.'" Jessica told her, tying her brunette hair up into a knot on her head. "Guys like that never want to be 'just friends.'" She said, making Amelia roll her eyes.