Heavy breathing and broken trust

Start from the beginning

"Come on."

Chris walked me over to a bench on one of the docks,the one closest to the end of the dock.

He sat and pulled me onto his lap,so I sat across his legs and wrapped my arm around his shoulders. I noticed his eyes scanning the horizon whose line shone under the warmth of the afternoon sun,strands of gold marbling the dark of his eyes.

"You know...what happened with Andy a few weeks ago made me think a little." he started,his sight now focused onto my face.

The truth is,Andrew and I both acted normal around each other. Nothing changed,except for the fact I paid a little more attention to how I walked out of the bathroom we all shared after having a shower,no more hands on my boobs whilst running over to our bedroom shirtless.

"I love him like a brother and I am one hundred percent sure he would never...you know,try anything. He's all words,but he respects and loves us both...you know he'd never stand on our way. " he seemed to struggle with his words as he observed my face for a trace of reaction.

I,on the other hand,waited for him to continue.

"You and I have been together for long enough...even though I knew you were something unique when I first lay my eyes on you. And..." it was almost amusing watching this man,who screamed his heart out along to heavy riffs and was always beyond amazing with words,struggle to put his feelings in to words.

"I think we need our own place. To just...you know,have a space we could use as we like..." I gasped as he spoke,all of it coming like a much needed breeze on a boiling summer evening. A million sparks seemed to shatter my insides with happiness.

"I love living with the guys...it's just,I want to take us to the next level. We can still visit and all-"

"Ooohhh Chris shut up and let me scream my happiness out!" I cut him off,wrapping my arms around him and burying my face in his hair as I pulled him against me.

Chris simply laughed at my reaction,his grip around my waist tightening as he brought me even closer to himself.

"Is that a yes?" he enthusiased.

"It's a big fucking yes..." I started,my voice filled with gentle emotion.

"For the best fucking thing that ever happened to me...you." I breathed before his lips brushed against mine,both of us smiling against each other's mouth.

"I am glad I made you happy baby...because you make me happy just by breathing." he said, tucking a rebellious strand of hair that found its way on my face back behind my ear.

I said nothing,because there truly wasn't anything to say as the words to describe my happiness simply didn't exist.

"We gotta go love,I need to meet the band tonight. We are finalizing some stuff for the show in Olympia this week." he said.

Right,this week's concert for which Mother Love Bone would be opening.

"Up we go then." I said before we headed to where we'd parked.

If I loved something about Seattle it was the fact it was a relatively well connected city and its driveways were in a good state,so Chris' old mustang did the job instead of public transport. I loved to sit beside him when he drove,the radio always on and our voices always singing along in perfect harmony.

I wondered,was there anything involving Chris that didn't make me happy?

Even the smallest of things,like the sight I had before my eyes just as we rounded the corner of the parking lot and entered the red brick building we lived in.