"Well every week, before going to work..I guess," he shrugged ¨Just go, she won't bite you,¨ Taemin said before drinking his coffee. 

Hiccup was thinking. Should he go? Say hello? What if she does not speak English? I mean, she looks a 100% american but he was still unsure. He stopped and remembered his last relationship. He broke up with his girlfriend 2 days before coming to Korea, and he was afraid to see her reaction, so he simply texted her with apologies, ever since he rejected her calls, texts, etc.  He shook his head to erase all the chaos she provoked in public.  Gosh, the most embarrassing moments of his life. He finally sighed and shook his head again, this time denying the offer. He drank his coffee again.

¨No,¨ he says as he took his phone out to distract himself. Taemin gave a confused look and he saw it even though his eyes were looking at the screen, ¨My relationship with Merida ended 2 days ago before getting here, it's p-pretty recent,¨ he answered him and scroll down on his social media, double tapping a few.

¨Oh..¨ Taemin simply said and respected his friend's decision. ¨So how is your project going?¨ he changed the subject, knowing Hiccup would gladly talk about his job. He became a proffesional photographer when he turned 19, so if something caught his eyes, he knew he had to take a picture. Well, except for the blonde girl, he couldn't and wouldn't have taken a picture of her, he would look disrespectful. He was raised better than that.

¨The reason I accepted to come here is because I want to take pictures and use them to finish my biggest project, the one you are asking me about,¨ he spoke and smiled. The two began to talk about it...

                                                                      ºººººººººº

The blonde girl, aka Astrid Hofferson was used to stopping by her favorite place  every week before going to work. She moved to Korea when she was only 18 years old for strong and deep personal reasons. She could contact a girl who soon became her friend in Instagram, thanks to the young lady,  Astrid could learn Korean and attend to school to become a nurse. She became independent and antisocial for many situations. She is 24 years old and is a happy single nurse helping kids at the most known hospital around Seoul.

She woke up at the sound of her alarm, then took a warm shower and got ready to go drink her coffee and re-read her favorite book "Bet Me" by Jeniffer Cruise (It's actually my favorite book hehe :v ). She greeted her neighbors with a friendly smile as she headed to the elevator. It was a fun routine for her: wake up at 6:05, take a shower, get ready and drink something warm. The day was cold and she was excited to sit down in her favorite table, she's a regular customer. She leaves her apartment 1 hour earlier, the coffee shop was just 3 blocks away from where she lives. When she arrived, she sat down with her cup and some integral cookies. She gave a soft smile at the guy who was cleaning the tables, he was nice and always cleaned her table after someone used it.

¨Gomabseubnida,¨ she said softly and bowed her head slighty at him when he was cleaning the table next to her, he smiled and bowed his head as well. She looks down at her coffee and drank it slowly. She opened her book and looked up when a korean guy and a American (British or French) auburn guy entered.

She looks down at her book but could not resist to look up at them again. Her blue eyes were focused on the guy, the tall, messy auburn hair handsome guy. He was wearing a long brown coat and his hands inside his pockets, she realised his friend was the same guy she always sees every morning of every week. He was also a common customer. But the guy next to him was sure a new face, her eyes were on him the whole time, feeling butterflies flying around her stomach and her soft cheeks heating up, turning them light pink. She tried to look away but the fact that the two were heading towards where she was made her keep looking at him, every move he was doing, was entertaining.

When she saw them sit down two tables away from hers, she looked at her book, afraid that he was going to notice her eyes laid on him. She crossed her legs and breathe out softly, reading again. Do not look at him.. She thought as she continued to read. Man.. it was so hard, but she did her best. She succeeded for less than 2 minutes before he saw him look at her, dang, she was reading and still saw him. She breathes slowly, trying to keep calm since he was staring at her for a long time. For about 3 minutes.

Then, she saw the two male stare at her. She scracthed her right cheek slowly, pretending to be extremely focused on her book. To be honest.. she was hoping for him to get up and walk to her, but, how was she going to react? She has never dated before, never in her entire life. So she did not know how a relationship works., and when guys liked her. Her parents were an example for a few years before their happy marriage turned into a dark scary nightmare. It was a torture, she was living in hell. At home and at school. She liked a few guys during the years, and guys liked her back, but she was scared to take the next step. She suffers panic attacks and also have depression. This forced her to take meds to control her nervous system, but she is okay at the moment. No need to take these little pills.

She loves her job. She loves her apartment in the 8th floor, she loves the view, she loves the coffee shop, she loves music and loves reading. She was too deep in thoughts, doing a resume about her life in her mind when the two male got up laughing during their conversation. She finally took her eyes off her book to look at them cross the street still talking. She sighed leaning her back on the chair and closing her book, she took her glasses off a bit dissapointed, she really though he was going to make his move towards her. But wait.. maybe he got his reasons, maybe it was too soon. Or maybe they just consider her as a normal person, reading a book at 7:30 am.

She got up after she finished her coffee and her cookies. Putting  her small backpack over her small shoulders and taking  her phone, she put her headphones on and hums softly along with the song..

Photograph by Ed Sheeran

...and then start to walk towards the hospital, hoping to see him again the next day... even though he was not going to talk to her..

ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº

HICCSTRID YES

by:

hottferson