45. Epilogue

At breakfast on the morning the students would leave Hogwarts for the summer, the Potter Press had an interesting article on the front page. It showed a muggle photograph of the graveyard in Little Hangleton with the corpses of Death Eaters lying on the ground the way Hermione had left them.

"This must be one of the photos the muggle police or reporters took," said Hermione. She then began reading the article.

"Death Eaters Gather at Cemetery and Kill Each Other?

By Anna Jesse

Two nights ago, muggle police in the town of New Hangleton were anonymously informed by a woman using a telephone (muggle communication device) that there were several dead bodies in a local cemetery. After the woman insisted that she wasn't making a joke, and that there were unburied dead bodies of people who had just died there, the police investigated. What they found were a group of people in Death Eater outfits, which of course the muggles didn't identify. However, the Ministry of Magic has obtained the bodies and identified every single one of them as having been a wizard who had claimed to have done Voldemort's bidding only under the Imperius Curse nearly fourteen years ago, and therefore had been released from charges after their master's downfall. The Minister is fairly certain that this is the same group that caused the disturbance at the Quidditch World Cup last year. An interesting fact is that Voldemort's muggle father, Tom Riddle, is buried at the graveyard they were found at. What they were doing there or what happened to them is a mystery, although the grave of Voldemort's father appears to have been tampered with."

The article went on to name everyone that was found there, including Crabbe's and Goyle's fathers. When they were finished with the article, Harry said, "I wonder if he had my name entered in the tournament."

"I don't think we'll ever know," said Hermione.

"Who?" asked George, who was standing behind them.

"Oh," said Harry surprised. "We were just wondering who entered me in the tournament."

Fred and George shared a look. "I guess we can tell you now, Harry..."

"Since you won..." said George as Harry and Hermione began staring at the twins.

"...just like we knew..."

"...and bet that you would."

"It was us," they said together.

"What?" said Harry. "How?"

"With that remote-controlled helicopter you charmed for us," said Fred.

"You even borrowed it on Valentine's Day," said George.

"We would've thought that you."

"Or at least Hermione."

"Would've figured that out by now."

Harry and Hermione stared at each other, and then at the twins. Hermione finally spoke. "I would've thought you'd enter yourselves."

"We did," said Fred. "We put our names in, and then Harry's."

"We decided to let the goblet decide who the champion would be."

"Once it picked you, we started betting."

"Well, thanks for risking my life for your financial gain," said Harry, secretly impressed by their ingenuity.

"Anytime," said George. "By the way, did you lose your glasses in the tournament?"

"Because you haven't been wearing them since you won."