11. Petitions, Trials, and Tests

Time passed very swiftly after they received their grades. About a week after they sent the petition, he'd gotten a letter from Dumbledore requesting a meeting immediately following his arithmancy test. Harry kept up with his study schedule, and Hermione was very pleased with how well he was doing. She informed him that her parents had both fully mastered occlumency the day before Harry's test when he'd completed Hermione's practice test with a perfect score. Later that day, Hermione finally decided on Harry's nickname. She'd been telling Sirius all about Harry's exploits over his first few years of Hogwarts, much to Harry's discomfort. After she'd talked about the Chamber of Secrets, Sirius said, "Wow Harry, you are a regular hero!"

After Sirius had left for a few minutes, Hermione turned to Harry. "Hero. That is the perfect nickname for you."

"No," said Harry, whose ears were turning pink. "I'm just not..."

"You made up whatever nickname you wanted, so I get to do the same, Hero," she said, and then stuck out her tongue."

"Fine, Mine," said Harry. "But remember, you can only use that name when we're alone."

"Like now, Hero."

Harry grinned, "On the seventh Sunday of every month."

"Whatever, Hero. I know you're going to get a perfect score on the test tomorrow."

Harry sighed. "I hope I'll pass, anyway."

"You'll do more than pass, Harry. And I'm going with you to Hogwarts to cheer you on."

Harry winked. "I think you just want to crash my meeting with Dumbledore."

Hermione turned a bit pink. "I'm coming to support you taking the test," she said firmly. "But I did hope to help you in your meeting afterward, but if you don't want..."

"Of course I want you there, Mine!" said Harry. "You can stop me from losing my temper if Dumbledore aggravates me. Besides, you know a lot more stuff to use to win an argument."

"You did just fine in your last argument, Hero. But I'll certainly help if I can."

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

Before he knew it, Harry found himself in the Great Hall at Hogwarts with Sirius and Hermione, about a half hour early for his test.

"Don't be nervous," said his girlfriend. "You know that information backward and forward."

"I'm not, Hold on. Look over there."

Hermione turned where he was pointing, and saw a familiar red-haired girl standing with her red-haired mother. "Let's go and say hello," said Hermione, grabbing Harry's hand.

"Hello Mrs. Weasley, Ginny," said Harry when they got to them.

"Oh, hello Harry dear, Hermione," said Mrs. Weasley.

"Hi guys," said Ginny.

"And who is this gentleman with you?" asked Molly Weasley.

"I'm Harry's godfather, Sirius Black," Sirius said, extending his hand to shake Molly's.

"S-Sirius Black?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm sure you've read in the Daily Prophet that I was cleared of all charges once it came out that Peter Pettigrew framed me.

"Y-Yes, I read that. I'm sorry," she said. "I was just a bit startled to see you." She finally took Sirius' hand and shook it. "I'm Molly Weasley and this is my daughter Ginny."

"Weasley? Aren't you the family that was kind enough to offer taking Harry and Hermione to the World Cup?"

"Yes we were. My husband is working on getting the tickets."