'Shivika' Quirk of fate

Banner credit: Sanskruti (India-Forums)

Anika's P.O.V

I reached the destined place before time and waited for him. He was not on exact time, but not late also. He reached two mins earlier. I confessed Shivaay that I too love him. I can't do without him. He said he has always loved me. I smirked and replied I not just love him, I love him more than he loves me.

He continued the argument. And our competition started, it really doesn't matter who wins or who looses because in the end we both will be winners, if I lost, I got the most loving life partner and if I won Shivaay knows he got the best girl for him.

Shivaay's P.O.V

I had loved Anika when I was 18. We were in the same class and she used to sit in the bench in front of mine. I used to observe her cute antics. From her bitting the pen when she couldn't solve a maths problem to her skipping the pages her novel whenever a kissing or love making scene comes. I had developed a habit of reading over her shoulder. It wasn't a teenage attraction. It was true love because I still love her.

She did too. That's a other thing that she us married to someone else now. Not with her wish, for her parents. The world knew she was adopted and she couldn't deny any of their decisions. She did not ditched me; it was just the quirk of fate.

Anika's P.O.V

"Congratulations! It's a girl." I heard the nurse saying to my husband. Girl. I was sure if it was Shivaay in his place he would have jumped and run in the whole hospital. Three years and I still couldn't forget him. I still love him the most. My princess! But my husband always wanted a boy. How would he react? My world collapsed when I realised my husband has left me for delivering a girl. He had left the town, selling all his property and keeping nothing for me and my Princess. How would we survive? Just then I heard the door of my room clicked open and entered the most trustful person in my life. I was seeing him after 3 years. He still looks the same. No. He has grown hotter.

Shivaay's P.O.V

I came to hospital for donations when I heard the doctors and nurses talking about someone leaving his wife and newborn girl alone. I pity at them and cursed the man. But the lady's name pulled the sand beneath my feet. I couldn't wait for a second and rushed to the room number they were talking of. As soon as I entered, I saw Anika sitting on the bed devastated. I went closer to her and she wrapped her arms around my waist hugging me tightly. I let her cry, but promised myself that it was the last time. I looked at the baby in the cradle. She was the next girl I fell in love after Anika. I kissed her forehead after holding her in my arms. I took both of them home.

8 months later, I came to know, Anika had cancer. I was shocked. Furious. Upset. All emotions just slammed into me as though someone had thrown a huge boulder at my direction and directly hit all of my vital parts. Anika had been hiding it from me since last 5 months. When asked, She told me she honestly didn't want me to worry about her.

"I don't want you to feel sad when I'm leaving this world, Shivaay. I don't know exactly when my due date is, but I know for sure I won't be able to live more than 1 more year. I want you to please... leave and forget about me. Forget about my existence and move on."

She wanted me to leave. Take this chance to delete her from my life; my memories. Take this chance to pretend she never existed and resume back to my normal life. But even if I wanted to, I could never get rid of her presence from my heart.

I was already in love with her from last 12 years. I love her. I love her so much to the point that I will be willing to lay down my life and sacrifice it for the sake of saving hers. I want to take away her cancer and implant it into my body if I have to.

Tears were escaping from my eyes as I spoke out the words that were pulled out from the bottom of my heart.

"Anika, I don't care if you have cancer or not, I will never leave your side. I will always stand by you and love you, no matter what life throws at us. I will be with you until the very end. No. Maybe even more than that."

Taking her hand with both of mine, I remembering choking back on the sound that emerged from my throat as I cried. My head lowered till my light brown bangs covered my eyes that were shut.

Hiccups were heard as I gripped onto her hand tightly. I too then heard Anika crying in front of me. Both of us envelop each other into a tight hug. A hug that felt as though we both won't be separated from any sort of forces.

A couple minutes has passed as we ceased our crying. Now looking directly at each others eyes, I could remember seeing those dark pair staring back at me. Eyes that were dark brown, warm and comforting eyes despite the tears seen from the corners.

I was only able to blink, just staring at those memorizing pair. Then she moved her face upward due to my height. Getting closer and closer till the tip of our noses barely touched each other.

There was a small pause between the two of us.

Before we knew it, we had our lips connected together. It was gentle, full of our emotions as the tears from our cheeks mixed in. It lasted for a few seconds before we parted.

"Take care of her."

"She is my daughter."

"Papa!" My thoughts were interrupted with Aashi's voice. It's been 6 years when Anika left us. I am currently sitting on the terrace and gazing the stars. Aashi came and sat on my lap.

"Are you again doing the secret talks with Mamma?" she asked in her innocent voice.

"No, baby. I waited for you to join us." I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Okay then... " with this she started telling everything that happened on her day to the most brightest star in the sky.

After what felt like eternity, Aashi was finally finished with her talks to her Mama. She gave a flying kiss to the sky followed by a yawn.

"Good night, Mamma." She said in a sleepy voice.

"Good night, Mrs SSO."

I smiled yet again when I recalled the moment when I had put vermillion on the hairline of a lifeless Anika.

Read my ShiVika Stories

--Love and Denial-- and --Fortunate Mistake--

Find them in my profile!