lifeless. her lids have drooped down and face so pale you could've mistaken her as a dead person. there laid a packet of poison on the floor and cuts—fresh wounds—on her arm. "yukiji!" you wailed out. you took your phone apout and dialed the emergency hotline, and they said they'll have people go there immediately.

you took her lifeless body and cradled her. just not yukiji. she was your everything. everything you have done was for her at this point, and losin her now would be devastating. you couldn't bear to lose her.

and then paramedics where inside your house and they took her and helped you stand up and all went to the ambulance. you were crying on the way, answering their answers. but you couldn't really focus much because yukiji would die if they won't come on time and if the doctors wouldn't do her justice.

you prayed that the doctors would be able to save her.

"lift her in 3, 2, 1!" a booming voice conducted as midorima stripped his eyes away from the clipboard and looked outside and saw para medics rushing in with a lifeless body, her IV almost drained. there was something familiar with the teen, something with the face structure and hair. the familiar h/c hair he used to admire.

but he dismissed all those thoughts and scurried along with them, hanamiya looking at the teen with intensity. "please! please save her!" a choked up, wailing voice exclaimed as he looked at the direction. it was y/n. his precious ex. this was... her daughter.

midorima didn't know why but all the more he wanted to save the girl. "don't worry," hanamiya spoke for the two of them as they ushered her into the emergency room.

you were crying as they closed the curtains and you heard shuffling. there were clanks of metal against metal, scrubs brushing against each other. and then...

"someone please get an operating room ready for her! we need to open her up!" you heard a familiar voice yell out as a nurse went out of the curtains and run towards the stairs. you were sobbing still, remembering the ghastly image of her sullen cheekbones against her pale, milky face.

you heard the curtains open and saw your ex. he was looking at you and you felt a shiver run down your spine. "and please give her mother a good seat and some reassurance." he said as a social worker went to your side. then, you saw him come out with your daughter, pushing the bed towards the elevators.

and then, everything fell silent.

"how is she?" you approached the other doctor, who was with midorima, and sphe looked at you sympathetically. his coat said HANAMIYA, Makoto. he looked at you then back to his clipboard. "shinto yukiji, right?" he asked and you nodded.

"she burned her organs." was what he firs said. he flipped through the papers. "but she's alive." you let out a breath of relief. "unfortunately, i don't have the complete information about her since i left the operating room halfway and checked on her after. i suggest you come in her room and wait for doctor midorima to show up to give you the complete results." he explained and then scribbled something on the paper. "her room is the last door down the hall." he said and then rushed to the emergency room, probably going to handle another case.

you picked up your bag and quietly entered her room. yukiji was pale, yet lesser than a while back. she had a normal heart rate, according to the monitor, and she looked alive. alive, alive, alive.

you breathed out a sigh of relief.

so you sat there, eyeing your seventeen year old daughter closely, asking where did you go wrong? the thoughts came to a sudden halt when the door opened and a familiar figure went in. "excuse me," midorima said as you looked up and wiped the tears that were threatning to fall.

"yes?" you asked and stood up, bowing at the sight of the doctor. he had a similar clipboard on his hands and looked at you. "well, her throat, lungs and small parts of her stomach has been burned by the poison. this is nothig new since anyone who would take poison in their system will have this. she may have some difficulties in speech for the first few weeks. but with therapy she should be fine." he said and you nodded.

"speaking about treatment." he said and sat, motioning you to sit down also.

"i reccommend you double her sessions with her psychiatrist, after her suicide attempt. you do not want her to attempt anything else in the next couple of weeks especially, because her body is still fragile."

you nodded and you were able to squeak a thank you.

"you need to know something." he crouched in front of you and you looked at him.

"you had sex with me right after our breakup." he started and your eyes almost gouged out of their sockets. "y-you mean," you started, stumbling with your words.

you were so drunk that night that you didn't know who you fucked with. the next thing you knew is that you were pregnant. and you never got to do a DNA test on your daughter, believing it would just break you.

but there he was. the father of your child.

you could feel your tears pouring down your face, and he had some too. he stood up, scribbled hastily on a piece of paper, and handed it to you. "i never got in touch with you after college. and i wasn't there for... yukiji." the name rolled out of his tongue easily. "but if you'd like we could settle on a date to talk about co-parenting." he nodded at you and you nodded, mouth formed to an 'o'.

"anyways, please take care of yukiji." he bowed and you did too.

and then you clutched the piece of paper, thinking about everything. a nurse came in the room not more than an hour later, and you tugged on her scrubs.

"please take a DNA test for her." you said and she nodded.

you had to find out about the truth.

"mom, i feel like shit." your daughter swore as you flicked her forehead. "shut up, yukiji. you have to attend counselling." you barked and grabbed your car keys. you saw her slither in her large trench coat. "i'm sorry for forcing you, but you have to go." you said and kissed your daughter's temple. she sighed.

"i-it's fine, mom." she whispered back and you both went inside your car. you had dropped your daughter off at the blocky building you call counselling, and told her you had to run some errands.

you were in front of the hospital, where three weeks ago your daughter laid almost lifeless.

"good morning, where do i get DNA results?" you asked the front desk and she smiled at you. "second floor. you can't miss it." she said and you nodded in reply.

true to her words you didn't miss the lab. you were greeted by a warm smile and immediately given the results. you sat outside the lab, on those cool, metal chairs, and unfolded the sheet of paper that had the truth. to everything.

the paper dropped to your feet as you felt tears. on your cheeks, to your jaw and the your lap, creating dots.

midorima shintaro is your father, shinto yukiji. you thought.

and like fate was playing with you, midorima emerged from the lab and saw you holding test results.

"y/n." he said and you looked up and then shook your head. "n-n-not right now." you stood up and walked away.

you weren't sure if you could handle the truth. let alone tell the truth to your daughter.

that's it! i hope you enjoyed this! please tell me if you want a second part/continuation because i'm down with that. :-))