Love Never Dies

Put your story text here...This is just a short story that has been on my mind for a really long time and I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time I'm not making excuses I've been super busy and haven't felt like it so, ya and I will try to post more even if they are just short stories

Ps. it is in a male point of view

As I sit on the park bench feeding the pigeons just people-watching; it has been something I do every day after I take my medication. They make me feel like I'm not alone. Since my wife died back when I was 32 I've never been able to look at another woman the same way.

I remember when we had first met, it's quite comedic actually. My best buddy had been lonely and looking for a new doll, so when I heard that my girl for the upcoming Friday had a friend we set them up for a blind date. I don't think any of us could have predicted the outcome. The two birds looked beautiful. My date, Judy, was a slim brunette with a face of an angel wearing a nice green sweater with blue stripes and a pair of jeans, my pal John's date, Amelia, was a stunner; she was a sweet looking blonde with natural red highlights wearing a tight purple shirt that had pretty pink flowers all down the side with a skirt and some tights. As my date, Judy, introduced her friend as Amelia we grabbed a table at a small diner that also had a place that you could dance.

Halfway through our date I had lost all interest in Judy and was giving all my attention to Amelia. We hit it off. Who knew that I would end up with John's blind date? Amelia and I had gone on many more dates before I asked her to go steady with me. A year after that I asked her to marry me. Our wedding day was one of the happiest days of my life; seeing her in that elegant lace dress she was the most beautiful person to have ever walked the earth.

I thought that nothing could compare to how happy I was then but she showed me; boy did she show me. I smile every time I think about it because every day she did something small, like brush her hair out of her eyes while she was washing the dishes or the way she could sing along to a song she didn't know and not care what anyone thought, that made me love her more than I did the day before and make me happier than anyone could believe. She made me want to be a better person for her.

I swear she never lost a part of my heart to anyone. To tell you the truth I believe I had two hearts one whole for her and the other for anyone else that was important to me. The day we found out that she was pregnant with a little girl I grew another heart, kept only for my baby girl that we named Hannah. She grew up a little sweetheart with my black hair but it had a red tinge in the sunlight, she had Amelia's pale skin but never got sunburnt. Hannah had my endurance for pain which was good since she wanted to follow in my shoes by becoming a wood worker. That girl with a pile of wood was like Picasso with a paintbrush. Even though she was tough she had that personality that invited you in and kept you coming back for more. She had endless amounts of love to give but she knew who wouldn't abuse it or hurt her.

We never knew that the person we loved the most would be the one to hurt the most unintentionally. Hannah was 12 when the doctors diagnosed Amelia with leukemia. It was already too late for her. We spent many nights praying that Amelia would be alright; many nights at the hospital comforting her and telling her white lies of how she was going to make it; many nights in my shop that she had helped me build in the garage next to our small yellow bungalow making difficult pieces just so I could break them.

The doctors were wrong about one thing; they said Amelia would have a little more than three months to live, turns out the leukemia spread faster than they predicted she only lived for one month we made sure to visit every day and spent all the time we could at the hospital. Amelia was starting to look great again; her skin was gaining color again and she could move around easily again. We all thought she was going to make it through. That was until one morning I woke up at 2:48 a.m. in a cold sweat with tears streaking down my face. I had a haunting feeling that part of my heart for Amelia was being ripped from my body. I woke Hannah up and told her we had to go. I drove our pyjama clad bodies like a mad man to the hospital. Instead of the usual good-bye, Amelia wanted us to remember all the good times we spent together. She told us not to cry about the loss of her life but to smile about the time we had together. Seeing Hannah with red puffy eyes made my heart swell with sadness that she had to endure this at such a young age. Even more so that Amelia was dying at 32.

"Sir, are you alright?" a young man asked.

"Yes I am. Why do you ask?" I said in a raspy voice.

"Well I saw you crying and I wanted to make sure that everything was ok."

"Son, why don't you sit down?" he looked a little concerned but sat down anyway. "Do you have a girl you love in your life, one that you want to spend the rest of your life with?"

"Not at the moment, sir. She broke my heart, said we had to break up because she got a job in another state." He said looking towards the ground. I passed him a piece of bread to feed the pigeons.

"Did that girl make you want to be better for her, did she make you love her more every day by doing the simplest things, and do you feel like instead of having part of your heart she has a whole separate one to herself inside you?" with each word the man seemed to be more and more interested.

"She did and still do, I know that I'll never love someone the same way."

"Then I suggest you look right over there," I said pointing toward a woman in a dress that came down to her knees, the color bringing the red in her black hair shine against her pale skin. She looked as if the man she could never live without was within this park. "She's missing you too."

"Hannah?" the man beside me seemed so confused. "But sir, how did you know?"

"My wife and I were like that." I said thinking back to the day she died. Then I chuckled to myself and pulled out my wallet and showed him a picture, "and I had a bit of help. Just promise me you will never let her go."

"I promise. By the way my name is Bruce Smith" He chuckled as he got up to go meet the young woman. He turned around "And sir, thank you."

I waved to the woman with a large smile plastered on my face when he got over to her and he pointed me out. She sent back a large smile that lit up the whole park.

I let out a chuckle as I looked at the picture my daughter had sent to me last month. It was of her, and her new boyfriend Bruce Smith.

~~I'm sorry if that was a little sappy I'm a closet romantic and it's kind of a true story. That is really how my grandparents met and partly how my grandpa died

So I want to dedicate everything that I write to him and my gram because we're really close so I am going to take down I thought we were friends because I have given up on it and I was just going to kill everyone anyway no joke and that's it I need to go to bed cuz its 2 15 here and I'm getting up early I just wanted to post this goodnight