Twelve - I Don't Love You

Start from the beginning

"Good idea!" I stood up, picking up my bag.

"You set one foot outside this classroom, Iero, and I'll have you in detention for a week."

"Do it." And I opened the door, leaving the classroom with a flourish.

~

"Don't tell me you're actually going to go to detention?" Bob asked, laughing.

"I have to, I'm in enough trouble as it is." I replied with a sigh.

My footsteps echoed through the corridors, and I only met the occasional student or teacher on my way to the classroom. I loosened my tie and unbuttoned my shirt a little with my free hand, my right hand holding my phone to my ear.

"Yeah, well, your teacher can suck it up."

I snorted laughter. "He wouldn't be pleased if I said that to him."

"Who gives a shit? C'mon, Frank!" He whined my name. "I'm bored, and I haven't seen you since yesterday!"

"And you'll see me in like an hour. I gotta go, he'll probably throw a bitch fit if I walk in on my phone."

"Okay. Hey, I can't wait to get my mouth around your -"

"All right, I'm going."

"Bye!"

I rolled my eyes and hung up as I opened the door to Gerard's classroom. He was sat at his desk, massaging his forehead with his fingertips. He glanced at me as I walked in, but didn't say anything.

"Yes, I know...well I can't help it if my students are annoying little shits, can I?...and that's my fault?...yeah, whatever, Bert...I'm going...bye." He hung up and placed his phone on his desk. "Lock the door and sit down." He snapped, pointing at a desk in the front row. I locked the door behind me and sat down, dropping my bag beside me on the floor. "I suppose you think it's funny to piss me off." He glared at me, in full teacher mode. "I suppose it amuses you."

I just looked at him, my arms folded, a bored-looking expression on my face. Truth was, it was incredibly amusing to piss him off. And if he'd made me furious, then I was going to try and do the same.

"You don't do any work, you mess around, you talk when you're not supposed to - are you ever going to put in any effort at all?"

"I don't think you deserve my effort, Mr Way." I replied sourly.

"And why is that?"

"Because you made no effort with me."

He sighed in frustration, rubbing his eyes with the heels of his hands. "We're not talking about this. I'm your teacher now, Frank."

I got to my feet and walked towards him, grabbing a hold of his tie and pulling him upright. Our noses touched, and I spoke slowly and clearly. "Yeah, and what happens when you get hard in the middle of class? What happens when, for some reason, we're alone, and your guilty conscience somehow slips your mind?"

"What happens when you're drunk and you can't help yourself? What happens when you crouch in front of the paint cupboard and spread your legs?" He retorted.

"I'm not pretending to be the innocent party here, Gerard. I could be at my friend's house, fucking him within an inch of my life. But I'm here. Because of you." I pushed him away from me, and he scowled.

"I don't see how you getting detention for your actions is my fault."

My eyes narrowed. "Medicine's very bitter to swallow sometimes, isn't it?"