Rhaessa straightened, tantalizingly dusting off her hips, and turned her most dazzling smile on Burnel.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"

The Lord didn't waste one moment— he grabbed her with his meaty hands and pulled her onto his lap as soon as she spoke. It took everything in Rhaessa not to cringe as she felt his hands settle on her hips and something else poke her backside.

"Oh, there's a lot of things you could do for me," he said through labored breaths, and Rhaessa saw the lust grow in his beady eyes. Suppressing her revulsion, she lifted a hand to his face and slowly stroked his sweaty cheek, feeling something shrivel up inside her as she did so. She'd have to wash her body with flames to remove the feel of him.

Rhaessa let out a soft laugh. "Well, handsome, all you need do is ask and we can move to a more... private setting."

Burnel got up so quickly that Rhaessa would've fallen flat on her ass if he hadn't had such a tight hold on her waist.

"Follow me," Rhaessa said. She could only hope her smile was still in place.

"I'll be back soon," Burnel barked to his men, never once taking his eyes off her as she led him out of the main hall and up the stairs to a room that she and Minza prepared for the night. Rhaessa scanned the ten soldiers sitting around the table. She knew there had to be a couple more keeping watch outside the club.

Walking to the last room in the dark hallway, she opened the door with a mischievous smile. Like all private spaces in the club, the room was extravagant. Numerous pillows and a fluffy duvet covered the poster bed. Candles cast a warm glow and there were multiple mirrors placed throughout the room in case the patrons wanted to watch themselves. A chest of drawers full of...goods and a settee were the only other furniture.

Rhaessa lightly pushed Burnel onto the bed, and the frame creaked in protest at the sudden movement as he sat. She once again crawled onto his lap and draped her legs on either side of him.

"Now handsome, let's pick this up where we left off," she whispered breathily before softly bringing her lips down on his. He reciprocated with ferocity; his mouth was like a wet seal, slobber and groans aplenty.

Rhaessa threw her arms over his shoulders, wanting to get this over with quickly, and slowly started to unravel her bracelet. Lord Burnel moved his exploring lips to her neck, and she used his distraction to extend the silver bracelet into a garrote, wrapped it around his neck, and pulled.

Burnel tore his lips away from her neck in shock. For a moment he didn't move, too stunned to even register what had happened, before his survival instincts took over and he started thrashing, struggling to get a breath of air.

"Sorry handsome, it's really nothing personal. But I've heard the things you've done to people you thought were beneath you, so I can't say you don't deserve it."

Rhaessa tightened the garrote, and Burnel struggled with all his might, swinging his limbs wildly in an effort to get away. She hissed at the pain of his fingernails scratching her arms, enough to draw blood, but refused to loosen her grip. As she saw the last glimmers of life begin to fade from his eyes and the fight drain from his movements, she shifted to her other form, the one that made people both fear and covet Wraiths.

She watched with pleasure as he took in her sharp fangs, glowing scarlet eyes, and hair that rose and writhed in the air. The set of shadow arms that sprouted from beneath the ones made of flesh grasped either side of his head, ancient magic making it possible even though they weren't corporeal. It was sadistic, terrifying a dying man, but she couldn't help herself. She wanted it to be the last thing he saw.