Chapter 25- You Mean I'm Not the Only One Who Bathes in the Nude

Start from the beginning

“Really?” he asked in feign disbelief. “You’re naked…in the shower? You mean I’m not the only one who bathes in the nude?”

I felt my face blush at the thought of him naked and moved to cover up my face, letting the curtain fall closed.

He chuckled.

“Anita will kill me if she finds out you spent the night here without her knowing.”

There was a moment of silence and then, “I think you’re about ten minutes too late for that one.”

My stomach dropped to the floor. “Wait. Y-you already saw her?"

"That would be why I said you were too late."

Uh oh. Not good. I yanked the curtain back and stared at him once again. “What did she say? Did she look mad? Should I leave through the window today?”

He took a step forward and I clutched the curtain tighter as if it were some sort of invisible shield protecting me from him.

“She smiled, said good morning and told me it was nice to see me again.,” he said.

I allowed my eyebrow rise a faction of an inch, not sure if I believed him or he was just messing with me.”

He started to laugh. "I'm kidding. She was coming up the stairs the same time I was walking by the bathroom so I came in to hide. I didn’t want to get you in trouble."

Well, I suppose that was kind of considerate in his own way.

Then something dawned on me. “Wait, where is she now?”

He shrugged. “Not sure. But I think I heard the downstairs door close a second ago.”

“And the twins?”

“Probably with her.”

I shivered involuntarily. “I see.”

My knuckles were as white as snow now from the tightly fisted curtain in my hands. Thomas noticed.

“Something wrong, Liv?” he teased.

My heart was beating wildly in my chest. This was really happening. I was trapped, alone in the bathroom with Thomas and he showed no signs of leaving. I was starting to feel like an animal backed into a corner facing down a wolf that hadn’t ate in anything in a week. Thomas the equivalent to the big, hungry wolf of course.

“Uh, what? No. Nothing,” I said snapping from my thoughts. “Just um… just to clarify here. My Aunt is gone and my brother and sister are gone, so we are…”

“Utterly alone? Probably.”

His eyes roamed up and down the shower curtain as if he could see me through it and glanced back up at me with a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

Oh sweet heaven. This is not going to end well for me.

“Well.” I tried to act like that fact didn’t bother me, but I’m sure he could hear my heart thumping rapidly. “Thank you for avoiding her for my sake, but I’d like to finish my shower now, if you don’t mind.”

He smirked, dropped his arms and backed to the door. “Yeah, sure.” He motioned to my body with the wave of his hand and said, “I’ll let you get back to that.”

I was just about to ask him what that was supposed to mean when he picked up my clothes off the bathroom counter and turned and left with them clutched in his hands without another word.

I sighed. Great.

I stood in the shower for what felt like an eternity then finally forced myself out. There was no way I would be able to avoid Thomas forever. He was probably lurking by the door anyway, waiting for the perfect opportunity to pounce on me. This was his dream come true.