"Children, Sans?" Toriel called out to them from the kitchen.

"Yes mom?"

"Yes Tori?"

"Could you go get your brothers and sisters? We're going out to the park!"

"Yay! More sunlight!" Flowey cheered as he popped out of the soil.

=======================================================

Well, the picnic was somewhat fun, but also a little awkward. Toriel watched as the kids played in the field infront of her while Sans and Asgore made signs to one another, threatening to kill each other. Those two were rivals, each trying to outstrip the other in the quest for Toriel's love. They can't really engage in an actual FIGHT as it would be quite unfair considering one of them having 1HP while the other had a trident that could kill you easily.

When Toriel looked back at them, they pretended to be normal. They both gave a bittersweet smile to hide their true emotions. The goat lady simply thought they were getting along well.

"So, Sans, what were you and Chara talking about?" Asgore asked, pretending to be polite.

"Oh, nothing much" he thought back to it. "Just exchanging jokes and puns, she loves that"

"I see"

"Oh, I'm so happy to hear about that!" Toriel clapped as she settled down some pie infront of them. "Though, I am curious as to why she began to call Asgore by his name. Sans, do you know anything?"

He looked down as he sighed. Believe it or not, he did feel pretty bad for the King that his own adopted daughter no longer considered him her father. "I don't want to 'soil' the mood!" he pat the grass.

Toriel couldn't hold back her laughter. Asgore could tell that it meant something was wrong. She excused herself for a moment when she heard Jenna calling after she scraped her knee. As she left to go and treat the wound on the child's leg, the charade between the two rivals dropped.

"I was just trying to help" Sans shrugged.

"Why? Tell me what happened right now!" the King demanded.

"So much for trying to be nice, huh? Oh fine. She said it's 'cause she's angry about how you got her to take her own life, and why she's stuck as a half-demon now"

The goat King seemed shocked at the news. Sans knew he would hate to hear that. But since he wanted the truth, he got it. He was sorry for him, but then it was replaced by fear the moment Asgore's expression changed. He shook off the look of betrayal and hurt and was replaced by anger.

"You got her to do it, didn't you?"

"Uh, what?"

"I know your hate for her was so severe that you couldn't even do a handshake without glaring at her. Admit it! You made my daughter call me that after you threatened to hurt her, or someone she cared about!"

"Okay, fine. Chara and I hated each other the first time, but that's all over now. She and I met as kids, and we let bygones be bygones now"

"All for the sake of my Queen, is that right?"

"Didn't she leave the throne to go hide in the Ruins after what happened to your kids?"

"Kids that you watch right now?"

"Atleast I didn't try to kill them when they meant no harm" Sans grinned slightly when he saw the guilt on Asgore's face. "Chara's my friend. I will make sure she and the others are as safe as Tori wanted. I 'goat' her back"