Chapter 1: Late Night Thoughts

It's just another night that Seungkwan couldn't fall asleep. This is why he has his special place up on the roof where he goes to think on late nights. He usually spends his time there alone, save for the occasional leader Coups coming to check on him. Tonight was different. He wasn't stuck sitting in the cold air contemplating the usual difficult choreography or how full their schedule was tomorrow. Tonight he came up here to think about why Vernon had been acting so weird all day. He would avoid eye contact with Seungkwan and made sure to keep a good number of members between them during the fanmeet. Usually, the two were inseparable, so Seungkwan wondered what he had done wrong to deserve such cold treatment. Just as he was coming up with reasons why Vernon could be ignoring him, none other than the boy himself came walking up the stairs. He brought a warm blanket and made sure to wrap it around Seungkwan before sitting down beside him.

"Hey what are you doing up here so late?" Vernon asked.

Seungkwan replied, "Just doing some thinking. I come up here when I can't sleep."

Vernon laughed. "Yeah I knew you would be up here. It's getting pretty late though, Boo. Is everything okay?"

Seungkwan sighed. "I'm fine. Just thinking about how I can improve my performance on stage."

Vernon was confused. "Boo, first of all, you couldn't be any more perfect at everything you do. Second, I can tell you're lying. What's really wrong?"

Seungkwan prepared himself for the rejection that was about to follow. "Well, to be honest, I was thinking about how weird you were acting today. You didn't even look at me once and always stood so far away. I tried to talk to you during practice and dinner and you just started a conversation with another member instead. Please just tell me what I did wrong, so I can fix it, because I don't' want to lose our chemistry."

Vernon knew this was coming. "Boo, I know I was acting strange today, and I want to apologize. I was also doing some thinking and wait- did you say, 'our chemistry'???"

Seungkwan froze. "Uh oh gosh I'm so sorry I didn't mean to say that. I just meant that we have always had such a close friendship."

Vernon smirked and leaned in closer to Seungkwan. "You want to know the reason I was avoiding you so much today? I was debating on telling you how I really feel about you, but I got nervous and couldn't tell you. Are you saying that you feel the same way?"

Seungkwan was in shock. This wasn't really happening right? He must have fallen asleep on the rooftop and he's dreaming all of this. He stuttered, "I-I w-what?"

Vernon leaned in closer. Their lips were almost touching. "You can tell me, Boo"

Seungkwan decided to muster up all his courage. He closed his eyes and prepared himself. He grabbed Vernon's face and gently pressed their lips together.

Vernon was shocked at first. But he quickly responded to the kiss. It was short, but they could feel all the love for each other that they have been holding back all these years.

Seungkwan pulled away first and started to profusely apologize. Vernon just smiled and brought their lips back together until Seungkwan started to relax.

"You know, we should start spending the nights out here together from now on."

Seungkwan smiled. He was so thankful that all those sleepless nights thinking of how to confess to Vernon had finally paid off.