Chapter 3

A/N Hello a lot of people have been asking for an update so here it is :)

Cara and I stood at the bottom of the stairs that led into my dad's town house. You could see Clara's fathers day card hanging limply in the window. The house looked deserted. No sign of life was showing through the dark windows. I played with my fingers cracking them sideways, something I always did when I was nervous. I slowly put one foot on the first step. The sound it made echoed off the concrete building, making it even more eerie, if that was even possible. I slowly made my way up the rest of the stairs, Cara following closely behind me. Cara, I told her. I'm scared. That was one of the first times I had ever used my telepathy, and I wondered if Cara had even heard me. Why are you scared? Cara asked. I looked behind me. Cara put her hand on my left shoulder and looked down at me. There is nothing to be afraid of. I looked away and shook my head. Don't you see? I've been gone for what, a week? Cara pursed her lips. You must understand that my dad must be terrified. He doesnt know where I am. Cara pulled back her hand and held it with the other. She nodded but did not look at me. I walked across the front porch and knocked loudly on the door. Nothing. I knocked again. Still nothing. i reached for the handle, and slowly turned it. The door creaked open. I stepped inside, opening the door even more. "Dad?" I called out. My voice echoed around the house. "Clara?" I called out again. The furniture was exactly where i left it that morning i went to school, and never returned. Dad's chair faced toward the blank tv. "Dad?" I said quietly. I walked toward the chair and looked at the other side of it. Dad slept there, a phone still in his hands. his face clearly damp with tears, and tousled hair that looked like it hadn't been brushed in days. "Daddy." I said for the third time now. I reached down and ccupped my hand to his cheek. His red glasses hung haphazardley on his face. I shook him. "Pops." I said. His eyes squinted open. "M-mandy?" Dad said. "Are you really here?" I bent down next to him. "Yes dad, It's me, I'm home." I cried. Dad dropped the phone on the other side of his chair. And flew down next to e to cradle me in his arms. "Oh mandy!" He sobbed. "Where have you been?" I looked up at him. "Don't worry Papa, I'm here now."

A/N Yay Mandy's home! What wil happen next? Sorry for the long wait!