The Tomorrow People

The sharp cold wind whipped my hair around my face causing me to stumble back.

"We're almost there." I said to my little sister.

"You said that like 50 minutes ago!" she whined.

"We've only been walking for 20

minutes." I said.

"Mandy I'm cold!" she whined again.

"Clara, I know but the bus is almost here."

Clara pouted. Lately things have been happening to me. strange things. Things I can't explain. This morning I woke up in my bathtub. I take pills, but they don't help. I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy because I keep hearing someone's voice in my head. It's a nice voice, but it keeps telling me I'm not crazy, which is a lie. The bus rumbled up to the curb. My little sister and I climbed the steep steps and sat next to each other.

"Hey dork!" a kid called out to me. I ignored him and kept reading my book.

"Aww are you too scared?" he mimicked again. "why don't you go get your daddy and sue me? oh wait, you don't have enough money!" the boy laughed as the kids along side him laughed with him. I gritted my teeth.

"Mandy," the voice echoed in my head.

"Don't listen to them, you are better then them, stronger." I looked next to me at my sister. She ate a lollipop and licked it crazily.

"Who are you?" I whispered quietly. The voice didn't reply, instead she said this, "Mandy listen to me, today you will meet someone, you have to trust that person no matter what."

"What do you mean?" I said quietly. "Who will I meet?"

"Stay strong Mandy." the voice said again and then it vanished. I sighed and twirled a strand of my red hair around my finger. Ok it's official, I'm going crazy. The bus lurched to a stop and the kids poured out. I looked out my window and saw a boy looking back at me. He had a slim figure with black hair and bright green eyes. He was wearing a red jacket with black jeans and red converse. I looked away quickly and grabbed my sister by the wrist.

"Let's go Clara." I said sharply.

"B-but I'm not done with my lollipop!" she whined again.

"I don't care." I said and rushed her out of the bus.

"Thanks," I mumbled to the bus driver.

I don't think he heard me because he didn't respond. I looked for the boy again but I couldn't find him. it was like he vanished. I shook my head. of course he didn't vanish. that's crazy.

"Mandy! mandy! it's time to go!"

I turned my head to face clara.

"Oh uh yeah let's go," I said.

After I dropped Clara off at her class I raced for mine. all of a sudden I was already at my class. it was like i... teleported. I looked around to see if anybody saw me. the boy was there, watching me. my eyes widened. he was the same boy that I saw earlier when I looked out the window of the bus. His eyes were full if amusement and the corners of his mouth curled up. I put my head down and walked into my classroom. Was that boy new? I thought. I have never seen him. and why was he smiling at me? did he see me teleport? no I didn't teleport, that's stupid. I rushed to my seat and put my hands in my head. What is happening to me?

"Mandy? Mandy?" my teacher called.

"Huh?" I asked stupidly.

"I asked you-" the dark haired boy came in. everyone looked at him.