Chapter three|| sense of adventure

"Hey y/n do you have any like, free days you can use for your work like stock up of emergency videos?" Amy asks "Actually yea I have a weeks worth just Incase always, why?" Your pulled over at a beautiful view and she turns to you, excitement visual in her eyes and plaster across her face with a hint of mischief, "How about we go on an adventure?" "U-uh yea sure! That sounds like fun, where to?"incredibly excited she finishes her artsy shots of this view and says "let's go to the desert I've been wanting to show someone around this one area and kinda want to explore it a bit more anyways if that's ok with you?" " yeah! That sounds so cool!" "Yay!" She puts music back on and continues to drive while you just enjoy each others company with occasional small talk here and there. Then you get to an area, the sign on the road says" Bombay beach." Which you remember hearing about, it's an abandoned beach from the fifties that the water became over populated and the salt levels rose too high for anything to survive in it so the sand is basically all dead fish and it's an entirely abandoned town, super rad. Amy stops the car next to an abandoned hotel and she gets a camera out, you get your phone out and you walk around together like moron vloggers but have fun with it. You explore the abandoned town together and grow closer, when you put the cameras away you explore a while longer. In one house you found an old ukulele and decide to keep it and play it since it's not in terrible condition and tune it a little. You and Amy sit in the abandoned hotel pool and you strum the ukulele, the song freckles and constellations by dodie, you play and Amy sings along. As you finish the song Amy lays her head on your shoulder and you lean you head on the top of hers as you watch the sunset and strum a little cute tune. As the suns sets you get up and go back to the car, keeping the ukulele of course. You drive a while so that Amy can rest so you drive towards slab city, on the way there's a motel so you pull over and rest there for the night, Amy's fast asleep so you buy a room for a night, and go back to the car. Since she's still asleep, and your decently strong, you carry her out of the car into the room, lay her on the bed, and put the blanket on her. Respectfully since you aren't dating, you sleep on the bed next to hers. Before going to sleep you notice how adorable she is, even when she's asleep.. and then you drift off thinking of sunsets and abandoned motel pools.