1 - The New Land Goddess

3RD PERSON's POV

"Okaa-san, when will Otou-san be back?" A younger kitsune ask the nine-tailed kitsune while the two were sitting on the steps to wait for their master's return. "I do not know, my little moon fox. He's been gone for twenty years now. We are waiting very patiently as we all miss him." The blonde woman stated as she felt someone standing to her right. Her bright blue orbs look to meet the purple-eyed kitsune.

"It's getting pretty late, we should go back inside." Tomoe stated as Tsuki-hoshi has her arms outstretch to him. "Carry me, Onii-chan." She orders him as the male Familiar sigh, but complies as he loves his sister-figure too much. He had his back turn to her as she climbs onto his broad back while giggling to her heart's content. As the three made their way back to the younger kitsune's room, Yoko set the futon up for her daughter to sleep.

Tomoe set her down on the futon as Tsuki-hoshi gave her brother a kiss on the cheek. "Good night onii-chan." She said as Tomoe smiles at her and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Good night Tsuki." He replies with a gentle tone. "Good night okaa-san." She said with a peck on her mother's cheek while her mother did the same to her. "Good night my little moon fox." Yoko responds as the younger fox Yokai drift off to dream land.

Both the kitsunes slowly and quietly made their way to the door. Tomoe and Yoko went to the porch to drink sake for a bit with the peace settling in as always. "Yoko?" He ask her as she gave him a hum to respond to his question. "How long do we have to keep waiting for him to come back home?" The silverette male ask his senpai for comfort while laying his head on her shoulder. She pat him on the head to give him comfort. "I don't know. We could only do is just wait Tomoe-kun." She stated while his ears were flat against his head.

They watched the beautiful quarter moon in the lonely night sky until Yoko broke the silence. "Tomoe-kun. Tonight, I'll be gone to meet an old friend of mine. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Watch the house and little Tsuki till I get back." She said as he gave her a nod, although she could tell that he's been hesitant to let her go somewhere. The blonde female kitsune laugh at his slight childish behavior.

"Don't worry, I'll be back. I promise." She said as she stood up to summon her foxfire to leave the shrine. He watch her leave as it pains him that his senpai was leaving, but knew that she isn't going to leave them behind. Then he begins to walk inside the room where he first met Mikage, Yoko, and little Tsuki-hoshi. Until he sense a very familiar godly energy. A loud sound of a door was forcefully open with a thud.

YOKO'S POV

The next day I came back, I notice the shrine seems a bit more... What's the word. Lively. I sense a godly presence as I walk to the backyard to see a human girl on her knees while plucking the weeds out of the ground. "May I ask who you might be?" I gently ask her. She jumps a bit while turning her head around to look me in the eyes. "Another... I'm Nanami Momozono. Nice to meet you..." She trails as I look directly on her forehead.

I gave her a sweet and gentle smile while walking over to her. "I, Yoko, the very first familiar of the Mikage Shrine. It is nice to meet the successor, Lady Nanami." I greet her with a courteous bow while she was awed by my polite manners and godly beauty. "I-I-It's very nice t-to meet you Yoko." She shyly greets me while I spoke, "I'm certain you have met Tomoe-kun already." Lady Nanami nods with irritation written on her lovely face.

"That jerk just left and kicked me while asking me nonsense questions!" She exclaims while I begin to stretch my hand out to her. "I'll further explain about your duty as a Land Goddess, Nanami-sama, but first of off. I want to be your familiar." I said as she looks at me with confusion in her eyes. "First off, do not call me with a formal voice, but Nanami is fine. And um... How do you form a contract with someone to become your familiar?" She ask me.

I gave her a motherly smile. "To form a contract, you must kiss on the lips of a familiar to complete the contract." I simply explains as she backs away from me. "I-I'm totally not giving away my first kiss!" She shouted out of shyness and discomfort. I blink at her. "You must or you will not have a rank as a Land Goddess. Beside, I want to become your familiar for I have complete faith in your ability and I will serve my lord and master's successor." I said, persuaded I should say, as she couldn't think of any reasons to say no to me.

"F-Fine... I may as well give my first kiss away to you. Besides, I rather have you as a familiar than stupid Tomoe." She mumbles to herself. "Good, now close your eyes. I will make it quick, alright?" I reassure her as she did what she was told by me. I quickly lean in to give her a peck on the lips. She stiffen a bit as I pulled away to see her face red. "There, all done. Now, I'm your familiar, let's begin your duty, but I'll let Onikiri and Kotetsu to show you while I go make lunch for you." I spoke while she nods. I stood up and begin to make my way back to the kitchen.

However, I realize that my daughter was not around for she's usually the first to comes and greet me. Then a realization hits me that a certain silver fox took her while I was gone. 'Oh well, he'll be back here with my little moon fox.' I thought to myself until I felt her presence gone. Glancing around, I can immediately tell that Nanami-sama has enter in to the World Over Yonder. I sigh to myself (with a smile on my face) as I proceed to clean up everything around the shrine. I knew this year will be full of adventure with the new successor.

~Afterwards...~

I was sitting at the front porch, waiting for the others to be back until I spotted Tomoe-kun, Nanami-sama, my little moon fox, Onikiri, and Kotetsu walking to the door. "Yoko-dono!" The two shrine spirits flew straight to me with open arms, which I've return the gesture to the two spirits. "Welcome back everyone. Now, bed is prepare for you, Nanami-sama and my little moon fox. Bath is ready for you, Tomoe-kun." I said as they all nod their heads.

The girls went inside to get prepare for bed while the one-tailed fox stood by me. "How did you know that I need a bath?" He ask me suspiciously while I gave him a smile with my eyes close. "I know everything. Besides, you reek of alcohol. Now, go take a bath or I will push you in the bath." I spoke as he just nods and walk away from me to the bath house. I look up at the starry night sky. 'This year is going to get interesting with our new Land Goddess.' I musingly thought to myself. Then I begin to go to bed for tomorrow new day.