Chapter 29 -- Intuition Calls

Start from the beginning

ZakAttack: Walaikum’Assalam. I told Maysa and Nazia what’s going on.

Nohas_Ark: And let me guess…you’re going to drop the whole bad-boy-sulking façade and open up to your wittle friend Noh about what the hell has been going on?
ZakAttack: …yes I’m “opening up” to you. God, that’s so Oprah

Nohas_Ark: Just tell me what’s going on.

            It takes Zakariya two paragraphs in total to explain. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t surprised and worried at the end of it. But I mentally smack myself and put on the calm exterior image.

Nohas_Ark: You sir, are an idiot. But thank you for telling them and putting them out of their misery

ZakAttack: …surprisingly, I kind of missed your remarks

Nohas_Ark: LOL Zak. Ok, so what exactly do you want me to do?

ZakAttack: KEEP HER AWAY FROM AIDEN. I swear, knowing Maysa, she’s going to do something like try to reason with him or something.

Nohas_Ark: Yeah…that’s Maysa.

ZakAttack: Also, keep her the hell away from Shazia.

Nohas_Ark: Uh…why?
ZakAttack: You don’t need to know.

Nohas_Ark: -__- And here I thought we were having a bonding session. Stop being cryptic

ZakAttack: Stop questioning.

Nohas_Ark: No. now tell me why you’re enlisting my help

ZakAttack: God, you’re so annoying. I’m asking for your help because you know Aiden better than Maysa does. You’ve encountered him before.

            We go on for a few more minutes until we both have to go. My head hurts from trying to keep up with the whole Zak-Aiden business, trying to quell the Adam-Maysa tension, putting up with Shazia’s shenanigans, dealing with Josh’s overall annoying self, and designing and implementing the plans for the runway.

            I can hear the faint cheers and clapping coming from downstairs as Dawud performs his magic tricks. I should go back, but I need some time to process what Zakariya said.

            I flop back onto my bed dramatically. Tucking my hands behind my head, I allow myself again to get lost in my thoughts about the worst night of my life.

“May-Maysa I need your help. I…I screwed up really badly. I don’t know what to do. And I’m so sorry that I’ve been treating you like crap. It wasn’t nice of me but Maysa I don’t know anyone else to ca-call.” I wail, I blabber, I ramble. I’m a mess, plain and simple. Ok, not so simple.

The silence on the other line causes the hysteria to rise in me with every passing second. Finally, someone swallows on the other line. “Noha?” That voice isn’t Maysa’s. Not even close. It’s a boy’s.

I freeze when I realize that I just admitted everything to Zakariya.

            There’s a reason why you should never go around blurting out stuff before you know who you’re talking to. Granted, we live in an age where caller ID is the norm, but still. Zakariya didn’t say anything for a while.