Prologue

[CYBERTRON, A FEW THOUSAND YEARS AGO]

"Autobots, We must get to the Ark before the Decepticons do!" Optimus Prime leads the Autobots to the Ark, many of them greatly wounded in the war for Cybertron. Genericons fall around them, but Autobots are not without losses themselves. 

Meanwhile, a group of Autobots led by Ironhide are cornered by Decepticon Leapers. "Hey Decepticons! Eat my Energon Cannon!" The Leapers are shot with a dense wave of Energon, offlining all but one. "And just like that, Shellfire has saved the day!"

"That was rather impressive, Shellfire, but you can't waste our Energon rations for your weapons! The planet's depleted of any, so we can only spare a little of it for the other Autobots."

"And what was I gonna do? Watch while you're offlined one-by-one?!?"

"Now you listen here, Shellfire-" While Shellfire and Ironhide were arguing, the leaper got up. Before it landed a hit, Shellfire pushed Ironhide out of the way... At the cost of a hole in the chest. Ironhide leaped onto the Decepticon's back and put his gun to the Leaper's head. "Ya feel lucky, punk?" He pulled the trigger, blowing a hole in the Leapers head. Energon leaked from the single eye as it fell face-first.

"As cool as ever.... burnout..." Shellfire's spark casing had been cracked, and his spark had begun to flicker. "*cough* He punched through my chest... Managed to *cough* crack my spark casing... I don't have long left..."

"Nonsense. We'll get you to Ratchet so he can fix you up." Ironhide tried to help Shellfire up, but he didn't budge. "Come on, work with me here!"

"Sorry, Ironhide... I don't *cough* have that much time left.... Just leave me here..." Shellfire picked up a nearby Ion Blaster and limped further into enemy territory. "I'll hold 'em off..."

" 'Till all are one." Ironhide and the Autobots joined the main group as they made their way to the Ark. Shellfire fired his Ion Blaster at plenty of Genericons before he had a rain of bullets firing from behind him.

"AUTOBOTS INFERIOR, DECEPTICONS SUPERIOR." Soundwave continued to gun Shellfire down, not hesitating. Eventually, he ejected his faithful Cassetticon, Laserbeak. Together, they had shot Shellfire to the point that his spark was exposed. Energon leaked from every hole left in his body.

"So this is how my story ends..." Shellfire turned onto his back, so he could see the sky before his spark flickered out. "A necessary loss for the Autobot cause... I can accept this......" He went offline for good.

"Optimus, Shellfire managed to create an opening for us to escape!"

"His sacrifice shall not be forgotten. It is because of his sacrifice that we may strive for peace within another galaxy. Autobots, we find a new home today!" The crowds of Autobots began cheering greatly for their leader. However, the Decepticons were only stalling the Autobots so that the Nemesis could get a headstart.

And just as fast as the battle had begun, it would be taken to a new world. Over time, the once empty lakes and pools of Energon had slowly refilled themselves. Many Cybertronians were not as lucky to escape, however....

.... This is how their story begins.