four

I walked down the stairs to see a guy standing in our kitchen. He was wearing a pink apron. Wait this isn't my brother.

I tilted my head and almost lost my balance when I saw who it was, "D-Dong Yanlei?"

Yanlei turned around and smiled at me, "Morning, Mingzhu."

"W-what are you doing here?" I looked around the room. "The house isn't on fire, right? Right?!"

"Relax," He said, putting down the frying pan he was holding. "Your house is still in one piece."

"Where's my brother?"

"He went out to buy some groceries. You're out of milk. And eggs. And practically food."

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Then what were you cooking?"

"Oh this?" Yanlei raised the pan. "I was just playing -"

I quickly rushed to the stove and turned off the fire, "While the stove was on, yes, that's a pretty nice thing to do."

"Chill," He suddenly ruffled my hair. "No one got hurt."

I sighed, trying to stay calm. Well, he's right. No one got hurt. Yet.

We then heard the doorbell outside. Who's visiting us at 10 am on a weekend?

Yanlei was about to answer when I stopped him, "Stay put. No one's going to take you seriously if you're wearing that."

I motioned to his pink apron that were covered with bear designs and an inscription on the back saying, 'give the chef a beary big hug.'"

"Hey, this is a gift." He pouts, sitting on one of the stools.

"Just stay there." I said as I walked towards the door. "And don't touch anything!"

I opened the door and trust me when I tell you I got twice as shock as seeing Yanlei in our kitchen. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged, "We're going on a date."

I shook my head, "You cannot just come here and tell me we're going on a date! Who do you think you are?"

"Uh, your boyfriend?" Yanchen winked at me. "And besides, it's a double date with Ruibin and Lifen. You want to get close to him right? I'm doing you a huge favor here."

"You want me to go on a double date with my crush and his girlfriend? You must have hit your head pretty hard."

"I was dropped as a baby," He suddenly said in a serious manner.

Before I could react, Yanlei was already standing beside me, "You're dating Zhou Yanchen?!"

"Dong Yanlei?!" Yanchen was surprised. "What is he doing in your house?"

I sighed, "My brother knows him."

"Hey, me and your brother are close friends."

"No wonder he cowers everytime he hears your name."

Yanlei suddenly crouched down, leaning in my ear, "Does he really do that?"

I slightly pushed his face away, "Tell him I'm going out and I'll be back by dinner."

"Uh, we're staying out till dinner." Yanchen interrupts.

I faced Yanlei, "Tell him I'll be at home at 10."

Yanlei nods, "Should I tell him who you're going with?"

"Should I ban you from this house?" I snapped back.

He pushed me out, "Enjoy your day, kids." He closed the door like it was his own house.

My brother really needs to control that kid. I think he lives more with us than with his parents. I mean, why does he like my brother so much? He's boring, weak plus he's getting old. He sometimes crawls himself to the couch.

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked Yanchen as he leads me towards the street.

"Amusement park," He smirked. "And you, my dear Mingzhu, is going to act like a perfect girlfriend to make my ex jealous. Understood?"

I looked up at the sky and muttered to myself, "What did I ever do to deserve this punishment?"