22. Announcements

Start from the beginning

"Except that the battery never runs out," pointed out Hermione, "But the only way they'd find that out is if they stole it."

"Cool," said Ginny. "Can you charm any muggle device to do that?"

"Absolutely," said Hermione.

"For the right price," added Fred and George together (while still playing their game).

"What do they mean?" asked Ginny.

"You see," said Hermione, "We've gone into business with them and, er, promised not to charm any muggle devices for anyone unless they go through Fred and George first and settle on a price."

"The twins will give us the devices to charm, so if you want something charmed, you'll have to go through them."

The redhead girl smiled to herself, "I think I can blackmail them into letting me get things charmed for free."

At that moment, the door opened yet again, and this time it was an unwelcome guest. Despite the fact that his father was in Azkaban, Draco was still strutting around proudly with his two goons at his side, although Harry noticed that Draco's smile didn't reach his eyes.

"What do you want, Draco?" Harry spit out.

"I wanted to know if you were entering. I'll bet someone like you couldn't resist the chance to show off!"

"Didn't your jailbird father tell you the new rules?" asked Hermione.

"I wasn't talking to you, mudblood! How dare you insult my father," he snapped back, and then turned back to Harry. "What new rules?"

Harry smirked at Draco, "Didn't you know? They're only allowing people seventeen or older in the tournament, so I can't enter, and no matter how much your Death Eater Dad has bribed the ministry with, you can't either."

Draco seemed to pale slightly at the thought of Harry and Hermione knowing something he didn't, but still kept the same expression as he pulled out his wand, saying, "How dare you call my father a, whaaaa...ouch!" At that moment, his feet came forward toward Harry as if summoned and Draco fell on his backside. Everyone in the compartment (except Crabbe and Goyle) started laughing at Draco as he got up and left quickly, followed by his 'bodyguards.' Hermione turned to look Harry in the eye questioningly. He winked at her, causing an even bigger smile to appear on her face than was already there. She kissed him quickly, er well she didn't think it was long enough anyway, as Ginny turned her head and the twins focused their attention back on the game, which they'd paused to laugh properly at Draco.

"Already at it," said Ron loudly, who'd just walked up from the hallway.

"It's really none of your business," snapped Hermione, who was clearly annoyed at being interrupted while kissing her boyfriend.

"Why don't you go find someone to kiss instead of complaining about Harry and Hermione?" asked Ginny with a smirk. "I'm sure there's a first year boy somewhere on this train who'll have you!"

The twins has to pause their game again as they joined in the laughter at that statement. Ron's face turned a shade of purple that reminded Harry of his Uncle Vernon. He tried to pull out his wand, but found that it was stuck in his pocket. He kept pulling on it, eventually with both hands, but it wouldn't budge. He was getting more and more frustrated while the others were laughing harder and harder at him struggling. He finally turned around and stormed off. Soon after the laughter died down, Harry looked over at Hermione, who winked at him, causing him to let out a slight chuckle. At that moment, Neville appeared in the doorway.

He said, "I was sitting with Ron, but he went to the bathroom a little while ago, and since he came back, for some reason he's been really upset. I was wondering if I could join you guys?"