Old Habits

HELLO! Im so so sorry I completely couldn't write for the life of me .. i had nothing but writers block. But i am back and hopefully the next chapter will be up soon ! Thank you everyone for the love ❤️ and thank you for being so patient !!

Melody

"Wait wait wait... did you just say we couldn't have se.." Finn started but the Doctor cut him off. "Yes i just said that, its not good for the baby." Finn sat back and sighed. "8 months.. 8 more months." He said to himself making me giggle. "Now i assume you both have jobs?" Finn and i nodded "good because babies are expensive.. i have one child and i think it would be easier to cut off an arm and leg sometimes" she said with a chuckle.

Finn
We finally left the hospital after hours of staring at a little black and white picture of our soon to he child. Melody and I were on our way home but I couldn't get what the doctor said out of my mind .. an arm and a leg ... theres no way that we would be able to raise this tiny baby on what were making now .. "finn....finn...." i snapped out of it and looked at Melody who was calling my name. "Yeah?"she smiled and lightly giggled. "What cha thinking about?" I pulled into the drive way and softly smiled. "Um i just remembered i have to go get some stuff for the new job so ill be back later okay?" She smiled and nodded "okay I'll see you later" she gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked up to the door. I watched as she entered the house and let out a sigh while grabbing my phone. I dialed nicks number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?"
"Hey, its finn"
"Ahh , so whats going on?"
"Im in.."
" meet me at my house tonight around 10"

And with that he hung up. I brought the phone to my lips and sat there thinking about what i have just done ..

Jack

I walked up to the door of Finns house and knocked on the door. After a few seconds his mom opened the door. "Jack! Hi honey come on in! Finn went out but Melody is here" she said while disappearing back into the house. I walked in and shut the door. "Thanks Mrs.Wolfhard!" I said before she shut herself in her office again. I walked over to Finns room and knocked on the door. "Come in" i heard Melody say quietly. I opened the door and she was sitting on the bed with her Bio book and some notes. "You just got out the hospital and the first thing you do is study?" I asked while sitting across from her on the bed. She giggled "i might have been detained for a night but doesn't excuse me from Mrs. Oliver's bio test tomorrow." I chuckled. I was surprised on how calm she was being .. it was like she was this completely new person and she was finally happy. "Wheres Finn?" I asked. She shrugged. "No clue" she said with a worried look. "Im sure he's fine" i said with a smile but still not for sure if he was fine.

Later that night .

Finn

I pulled up to Nic's house and got out. As i walked up to the door he was standing there smoking a joint . "Aye wolfhard ! I knew you would be back" he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. " listen i have a pregnant girlfriend at home waiting for me can we speed this up please" he nodded and put the joint out. As he laid it in between his ear he grabbed a black book bag and walked to my car. I opened the trunk and he laid it in there. "Alright so look for a dark green dodge pick up with the license plate 56B768 theres a book bag that looks just like this one except it has my money in it. Switch the bags come here and we'll be all set. Understood?" He said while closing the trunk . I nodded "Nic you act like I've never done this before, I'll be good." He nodded and reached behind him and pulled a gun from the back of his waist "here, incase things go south" I stared at it for a minute. I haven't carried one of these since i stopped dealing and even though I've done this before I was still so nervous to take it. After a little I slowly reached over, taking it from his hand and placing it in my jeans on my waist. " alright you are all set, go" he said. I got in my car without saying a word.

      As i pulled up to the Target parking Lot i drove around looking for the pick up truck Nic told me about. It was late so not a lot of cars were even here. Once i saw the truck I parked two parking spots behind it. I looked over at the picture on my dashboard of Melody and I and started to feel guilty.. I hated lying to her and i hated feeling like I'm betraying her.. but it's too late to turn back now. I got out my car and opened the trunk to grab the bag. As i swung the bag over my shoulder I walked up to the truck reading the license plate. It was the exact same one. I walked over to bed and instantly switched out the bags and doing a complete U- Turn with my body so i could walk back to my car. I was about 2 seconds away from my car when i was pulled and held back. "Give me the bag!" The person said while holding what seemed to be a pocket knife to my neck. I put my hands up and shook my head. " fuck man let me go !" He held the knife closer almost cutting skin. " ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! D-dont just let me go and i'll give you the bag." I said . He let go and immediately i grabbed the gun from my waist and cocked it back. As i pointed it in the middle of his chest he froze. "Who are you and what do you want!?" He backed up a little and started to shake like he was nervous. " really? You're all high and mighty until someone pulls a gun on you?! You're in the wrong game if this is how you act like." I said while stepping closer. " please dont shoot ! I was paid to do this and not to say a word." I shook my head. I walked to my car and opened the passenger door. " Get. In. Now" i said while pointing the gun at him again. He put his hands up. "Pl-please im begging you i-i have a daughter at home .." i felt for him i really did but i cant betray nic again, if i did he'd kill me for sure. "If i have to ask again, its gonna end with a bullet between your eyes, lets go" he sobbed and slowly entered my car. I sighed as i though about what i just did .. and i knew it wasn't gonna end well.